cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLC firmware

NonSok
New Contributor II

Hi Guys,

What the different of Stability Release and Technology Release? And which one is should I use to upgrade firmware of SZ144?

Model Name:SZ-144

Product Family:SmartZone (SZ)

Recommended Software:

Stability Release:

Base release: SmartZone 5.2.2 (LT-GD MR 2 Refresh) Software Release (SZ-144) (.ximg image)

Technology Release:

Base release:

SmartZone 6.1.0.0.935 (GA) Software Release (SZ-144) (.ximg image)

Patches: RUCKUS SmartZone 6.1.0 (GA Refresh) New AP Model Bundle for R760 Access Poi

Thank in advance .

7 REPLIES 7

Squozen
Contributor III

I'll answer that question if you can tell me what feature you need from the technology release that isn't in the stability release.

You don't seem to have picked up the subtle hint from my first response so I'll ask this question: Would you choose the Technology release if it was called the Unstable Release? Because that's basically what it is - it's not considered stable yet. Why are you pushing a non-stable release to production instead of pushing the stable version and using the technology release in a TEST ENVIRONMENT? Do you want management to encounter bugs and blame you?

BEST PRACTICE is 'use the stable release UNLESS you absolutely require a feature the stable release doesn't offer and are willing to suffer potential downtime because of it'. Does this apply to your environment?

It depends what AP types you want to run. 5.2.2 GD is most stable, but lacks of Support for R350,T350 and R760 APs - if you have one of these you need to go to 6.1.0 or greater. If you plan to use new R560 AP you need even to go to 6.1.1.

If you plan to use icx switches with controller 9.0.10 is only fully supported by 6.1.1. with 6.1.0 some APIs not working and you don't see for expample vlans in webinterface.

You need to give basically the people you should advice you some more info. 🙂

Br,

Mark.

@NonSok 

Let's use GA release.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support