cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update AP name through API

rishabh_khosla
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want to update the AP name within the zone through an API. I have tried http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/smartzone/5.2.0/vsze-public-api-reference-guide-520.html#access-point... this API but the name has not changed. From the API I got the 204 response but when I am looking at the interface, it is still showing the older name of the AP.

Could you please let me know if I am using the right API call or is there any specific criteria which should be matched to update the name of the AP?

Thanks for the help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rishabh,

Here's the example API call used to change AP Name. Please try and update us.

PATCH: https://<SZ_IP>:8443/wsg/api/public/v9_0/aps/<AP_MAC>

{
"zoneId": "6dd9c265-81a1-4866-950c-3f85a0789e72",
"apGroupId": "37384728-85ae-4320-ab47-abff53a1b7be",
"name": "changed_name",
"description": "apDescription"
}

Regards,

Parikshith

View solution in original post

rishabh_khosla
New Contributor II

Hi @syamantak_omer 

Thank you so much for the reply. When I login into the controller with incognito window, I got the updated name display on the screen. I think it was the caching issue of the browser earlier.

Regarding the commands you have mentioned above, I have no idea where to run that commands. We are doing all the operations through an API only.

Thanks for the help

Rishabh Khosla

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I have tried all the things but it still not reflecting the updated name. May be because the AP is Offline. I will try with the Online device once and then let you know.

Thank you so much for the help @parikshith_nagaraj

Hi Rishabh,

AP profile is first configured on vSZ and then it pushes the config to AP, so it should not matter if AP is online or offline.

After changing the name, could you run below command and check if that makes any difference. Also try to login controller with incognito window.

enable

debug

reindex-elasticsearch-all

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

rishabh_khosla
New Contributor II

Hi @syamantak_omer 

Thank you so much for the reply. When I login into the controller with incognito window, I got the updated name display on the screen. I think it was the caching issue of the browser earlier.

Regarding the commands you have mentioned above, I have no idea where to run that commands. We are doing all the operations through an API only.

Thanks for the help

Rishabh Khosla

Hi Rishab,

No need to run those commands if it was a browser cache issue.

Cheer!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn