cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syslog Message - c.r.w.i.u.SFTPChannel - fail to upload file

john_zimmerman_
New Contributor II
Hi All,

I'm trying to get SFTP working with vSmartZone.  I thought I might have fat fingered a setting, but not knowing what that would be, and deleted the VM of vSZ and reload.  I get the same error message on a fresh install.  the message reads:

SFTP connection failed!

Image_ images_messages_5f91c3f4135b77e2478f8fd2_3f08428f4fd01164902ad1f72976858a_RackMultipart20200430303761ggb-d683fec9-8166-4a34-90f9-b43eab02b94c-1566113106.PNG1588290196

I was able to get syslog working and this is what is reported:

Time: Apr 30 23:30:32
IP: 10.1.20.50
Host: vSmartZoneCluster
Facility: local0
Priority: err
Tag: Web

and 1 more message from the events tab:

2020/04/30 15:12:08
SSH tunnel switched
Major
Node [vSmartZoneCluster] triggered [ICX] SSH tunnel switched [OFF->ON].
2020/04/30 15:12:07
SSH tunnel switched
Major
Node [vSmartZoneCluster] triggered [AP] SSH tunnel switched [OFF->ON].

Please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Thanks,
John

9 REPLIES 9

Hi John,

AFAIK, by default vSZ firewall is not enabled, hence vSZ will not block anything until you enable firewall and configure rules.

Could you try hitting your SFTP server (IP:port) from the same subnet as vSZ's and see if you get a response.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Syamantak ,

I was able to get to the SFTP server from another server on the same subnet.  My workstation is on a different sunbet and i'm also able to get to the SFTP server.

John

Hi John,

Please reach-out to support with debug logs from controller and they will be able to troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

One more detail... make sure you sftp server is giving full R/W access to the same user that is being used by smartzone. If memory doesnt fail me, SFTP (and regularFTP) first uploads the file and only when the upload completes, it does a rename of the file.

It can be that you might be allowing the initial upload but not the rename operation. I think I had a similar issue on my side when using regular FTP. 

Can you check on the server side for any logs? Is there any file being created at all?

john_zimmerman_
New Contributor II
Thanks for all the help.  I left on Friday and when I came back on Tuesday, it was working.  I didn't do anything, go figure.

John