cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartzone 100 dont start services

rommel_silva
New Contributor II
Hi everyone. I am new on Ruckus community and I am having problem to access web interface of my smartzone 100 controller. After a reboot I cant get access web page. SSH access is working normally. When I access the controller through ssh port i see that all services are down ("# show service" command). I already tried to UP services with the command "# service start" but even after several hours the session still shows me the following information: "Wait for (list of services) up. This list of services decreases right after the start of execution of command but then remains unchanged or even increases (as can be seen in the attached image). Looks like some service can't startup.
Is it possible that the controller is in some kind of "Maintenance Mode"? If so, is there a command to take the controller out of maintenance mode? Is there any other command I can run to know what is going on with the controller? Thank you very much for any help.

RommelImage_ images_messages_5f91c3f5135b77e2478fa1b9_7c21f57a5e85db374fe210c11d18f2e4_RackMultipart20191101724051bd7-708b72a4-d946-4fa2-9dbb-54300af4c14b-469244559.jpg1572635149
7 REPLIES 7

Vineet_nejwala
Hello Rommel,

Looks like either the SZ went into "Crash mode" or "Maintenance mode" . The clearing of the controller from "Crash mode" or "Maintenance mode" can only be done through shell mode to which Ruckus engineer's have access. Kindly log a case with Ruckus so that we can clear the status on the controller and bring all services back online. 

You can open a case either by online using below link and filling your details:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/cases/new

or you can call our support line and an Admin team member would log a case for you as per your details provided.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards
Vineet

rommel_silva
New Contributor II
Hi Vineet,

Thanks for answer me.
Is there no shell command to check if the controller is in crash mode or maintenance mode?

Even turning off the controller is not enough to take it out of this mode?
Is there really nothing I can do without help of a ruckus engineer?

Best regards

Tommel

I'm in the same boat after two controller lost contact for a few seconds.   What a POS!!!

jardel_almeida1
Contributor
Infelizmente somente com um TAC suporte Ruckus via shell. Isso já aconteceu, comigo também.