- In this article, we will look into the steps involved in setting up Self Registration Guest Pass Generation in Smart Zone controller running in 6.1 version
Note: This feature is available since 6.1 version onwards
- SmartZone/Virtual SmartZone [Essentials/High-Scale] (Controller), version 6.1.0.x.x
- R710 (Access Point)
- To create SMTP server in the vSZ/SZ GUI, navigate to ‘System->External Services->SMTP’ and turn on the “Enable SMTP Server” toggle, fill the SMTP server details. In my example, I am using gmail server
- Do the test, once it is successful, click on “OK”
- Once the SMTP server has configured, create a “Guest Access Portal”, navigate to “Services & Profiles”-> “Hotspots & Portal” -> “Guess Access” then select the “Create”
- Fill the details, turn on the “Self-registration” toggle and the “Guest Pass SMTP Server”
- Post Guest Access Portal creation, create the WLAN for the Guest Access
- Navigate to “Wireless LANs”-> Select the Zone then click on “Create”
- Name the WLAN, in my setup I named it as ‘Test, Authentication Type as "Guest Access" and Method as "Open"
- Encryption Options is selected as ‘None' (but it can change based on requirement).
- Under Guest Access Portal, select ‘Guest
- In 'Guest Portal Service’, select the Guest Access Portal profile which we have created from the drop down then click on “OK”
- All other settings including VLAN assignment for end-user devices are set to the default values in my set up