cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SZ100 downgrade firmware to previous version or to upload previous version backup configuration.

muhdumer
New Contributor

Dear Support Team.

I had a SZ104 model of Ruckus controller installed in my premises. It has below firmware running on it:

Controller Version :5.2.1.0.515

Control Plane Software Version: 5.2.1.0.383
Data Plane Software Version: 5.2.1.0.101
[?]AP Firmware Version: 5.2.1.0.698

I had the backup of the Controller with previous firmware version 3.5.1.0.862.

The issue that I am facing is I am unable to downgrade the controller firmware version to 3.5.1.0.862 neither able to upload the backup taken in previous version on the new firmware.
Error messages which I receive are as follows:
1) When I downgrade the firmware it shows (upload image failed. unsupported version).
2) When I upload the backup configuration file it shows error (Unable to load backup configuration file.
Reason: This configuration version (3.5.1.0.862) does not support to be restored in this system (5.2.1.0.515)).

The name of the firmware image file that I am trying to upload is : scge-installer_3.5.1.0.862.ximg

Kindly help me out so that I shall be able to sort out this issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bruno_andrade
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi, you only can restore the backup in a system with the same firmware version that the backup was taken.

Please download the file from this link and try to upgrade:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1446-smartzone-3-5-1-0-862-mr1-patch1-software-release-s...

Do not modify the name of the file.

If you still receiving this error, you may want to try 3.2.1.0.193 and then upgrade to 3.5.1.0.862 version.

Bruno Andrade | Principal TSE Bulldog Americas | RCNA | CWNA | CWDP
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bruno_andrade
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi, you only can restore the backup in a system with the same firmware version that the backup was taken.

Please download the file from this link and try to upgrade:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1446-smartzone-3-5-1-0-862-mr1-patch1-software-release-s...

Do not modify the name of the file.

If you still receiving this error, you may want to try 3.2.1.0.193 and then upgrade to 3.5.1.0.862 version.

Bruno Andrade | Principal TSE Bulldog Americas | RCNA | CWNA | CWDP
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thankyou Bruno, for the reply.

I entered the BIOS setting where it showed 2 firmwares, I selected 1st firmware and luckily it was the same firmware that you mentioned in your reply. After the controller rebooted and I was able to access the GUI I just uploaded the saved configuration and restored it.

As for now the controller is accessible & working.