cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate t300 AP from ZD1200 to VSZ 6.1.1.0.959 hangs

pluto09
New Contributor III

Hello Community,

the migration process of a t300 AP hangs. I waited 1 hour, but nothing occurs. Then i restartet the VSZ by CLI an now, if i try the migration again theres a error: "There is another migration activity in progress, please try again later."

How can i solve this problem? Is there a CLI command to cancel the migration job?

Thanks

Franz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amith
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @pluto09,

I understand that you are running into an issue while trying to migrate the t300 to the vSZ and when trying to migrate the AP you get an error "There is another migration activity in progress, please try again later."

The above-mentioned error occurs when the Migration Script gets locked under a service on the vSZ and the migration isn't working as expected.

As the vSZ reboot didn't fix the issue, we need to clear this lock by login into the vSZ Shell and running a few commands. This can be done by a Support Engineer so I suggest opening a case to clear the above lock/stuck status. 

Also, please share the details of the AP version and the vSZ version you are trying to migrate to? 

Thank you!
Amith 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Amith
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @pluto09,

I understand that you are running into an issue while trying to migrate the t300 to the vSZ and when trying to migrate the AP you get an error "There is another migration activity in progress, please try again later."

The above-mentioned error occurs when the Migration Script gets locked under a service on the vSZ and the migration isn't working as expected.

As the vSZ reboot didn't fix the issue, we need to clear this lock by login into the vSZ Shell and running a few commands. This can be done by a Support Engineer so I suggest opening a case to clear the above lock/stuck status. 

Also, please share the details of the AP version and the vSZ version you are trying to migrate to? 

Thank you!
Amith 

pluto09
New Contributor III

Thank you for the answer.

I restored the configuration to a point before migrating the AP. And now i can start the migration again. But the migration dont work.
In the detail log i see the following:

e0:10:7f:16:3f:e1 - Start to set configurations
e0:10:7f:16:3f:e1 - Start to upgrade firmware
e0:10:7f:16:3f:e1 - Upgrade process start!
e0:10:7f:16:3f:e1 - Checking status of upgrade process
e0:10:7f:16:3f:e1 - Set configuration fail
e0:10:7f:16:3f:e1 - Upgrade fail

And this occurs again and again and again... I waited now for 5 rounds.

The version of the old ZD1200 is 10.1.2.0 build 306
The vSZ is 6.1.1.0.959

Hi @pluto09 

"Set configuration fail" error occurs when the AP doesn't have the configuration result file from the SZ.
Upgrade Fail occurs when the AP do not have the test result file

This could be due to the following reasons:
1. AP is not compatible with the SZ's software.
2. AP has old certificate installed in it.
3. AP is unable to discover the SZ.

Make sure that the AP is supported on the SZ.
We need to make sure that the SZ is allowing the APs (which works on LWAPP) to discover the SZ.

Execute the below commands on the SZ to resolve the certificate and LWAPP2SCG issue.

#config 
#lwapp2scg 
#policy accept-all 
#no ap-cert check 
#end 

pluto09
New Contributor III

Hi,

some of the AP's now were imported and some not. I tried the solution with the certificates, but the command no ap-cert-check doesnt work.

Any idea?