cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC address authentication on Ruckus Smartzone-E 3.6

deepak_kumar_1
New Contributor II
I am looking a solution as MAC address authentication on Ruckus Smartzone-E  3.6 with Radius server. Is it possible Version 3.6?

Regards,
Deepak Kumar

27 REPLIES 27

This is basically our setup:
  1. Hotspot (WISPr) wireless LAN in vSZ (auth method MAC, no encryption), linked to hotspot portal
  2. Hotspot portal setup in vSZ to point to CloudPath
  3. AD server auth setup in CloudPath
  4. Workflow in CloudPath for register MAC address using AD auth servers
A lot of it is self-explanatory. And we don't use RADIUS for MAC auth, as it's not needed. We just use RADIUS for PEAP/TLS with certificates.

Hi EightOhTwoEleven 
can you please share the WF step of setting up CloudPath for register MAC address using AD auth servers

scott_lu
New Contributor
We are running PacketFence/SZ with AD, SMS, local username/password works perfect, but we have email issue, PF/SZ couldn't "deauth" when time is up, PF unregistered the client but SZ still authenticated the client, here is error message from PF "According to rules in fetchRoleForNode this node must be kicked out. Returning USERLOCK (pf::Switch::handleRadiusDeny)".

Thanks,

do you know if you're using RADIUS based de-auth or web-services? If using radius, you have to use smartzone as RADIUS proxy and not do RADIUS directly from the APs. I am using RADIUS directly from the APs and de-auth via web-services from PF to SZ. I had to do some small changes to PF but nothing huge.

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II
Hello, dear Diego,
As I understand, you have working combination of vSZ and PF.

I am stuck with combination of vSZ v.5.1.2 and PF 9.0.1. Users get to captive portal and get through registration steps, even get PF confirmation, but authentication on vSZ doesn't happen, and connection to Internet is not established.
Seems that PF isn't enabling user through WEB-service. We use guest access without password.
MAC and IP encryption in requests is disabled on vSZ.
Status of user in vSZ is unauthorised. Any ideas will be appreciated. You can reach me on eizens (at) e-meter.lv It would be great to have off-line conversation about this.

Thanks in advance,
Eizens