cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC address authentication on Ruckus Smartzone-E 3.6

deepak_kumar_1
New Contributor II
I am looking a solution as MAC address authentication on Ruckus Smartzone-E  3.6 with Radius server. Is it possible Version 3.6?

Regards,
Deepak Kumar

27 REPLIES 27

Thanks! Im on 8.1 and 7.5 on different schools. Using ZoneDirector (on 7.5) and 8.1 with SmartZone 3.6.0. It would be good to talk off-line. Im at dgarcia(at)mediatel.com.ar

Cheers!

Hello! I need help. I am using virtual smartphone 3.6.1 with packetfence 8.1.0. after authentication I get the error:

Dec  5 16:07:50 packetfence pfqueue: pfqueue(4096) ERROR: [mac:9c:4e:36:9d:15:10] Failed to contact Ruckus for deauthentication: 500 Can't connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9443 (certificate verify failed) (pf::Switch::Ruckus::SmartZone::deauthenticateMacWebservices)

even after running the no-encrypt command on the smartzone controller

Are you trying to do radius de-auth or using web-services? the error you're seeing seems to be tied to not having a proper cert on smartzone. You can use port 9080 instead of 9443 for non-TLS channel.

eightohtwoeleve
Contributor III
We authenticate users for MAC authentication using AD servers and CloudPath (vSZ 5.0). Works like a charm.

HI,
Is it possible to share NPS and AD server's configuration guide? I implemented AD username and password authentication many times but MAC authentication is the first time. If it is possible.   Any URL.