cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to setup Ruckus 750-c120 and 2 AP setup but don't have username and pwd

409_ruckus
New Contributor

Hello Techies,

I have moved in my new home, there is Ruckus device setup, I would like to use this setup instead of regular modem Wifi setup, but I have know idea how to set this up, your help is highly appreciated. 

Note: the devices are already configured but the previous owner don't know the username and password, as he used the fingerprint to access it from his mobile phone.

1. I took Spectrum Internet services.

2. I have modem placed there, Do I have to run ethernet cable from modem to switch port?  if not what I have to do?

3. I don't have username and password for AP, what are the options I have? how to configure.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @409_ruckus 

You can also be connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet  to your local router ( ISP ) copy and paste the IP address in the URL and try the default logins. 

In this example I copied and paste '192.168.0.3' in the URL and re-direct me to the login page. 

example.PNG

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

409_ruckus
New Contributor

Please correct me if im wrong;

1. connect co-ex cable in spectrum modem, from modem to wifi router, then from router to one of the 12 ports in Ruckus switch.

2. connect my laptop to switch using ethernet cable and use the link unleashed.ruckuswireless.com to try all the username and passwords?

Thanks,

Hi @409_ruckus

Note: Please read the guides carefully before start the troubleshooting.

Check my response sent at 11-07-2022 08:24 AM

1. connect co-ex cable in spectrum modem, from modem to wifi router, then from router to one of the 12 ports in Ruckus switch.

This is the way that must be, always if not the Switch cannot have internet connection.

Please check the guide I sent you about named:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

2. connect my laptop to switch using Ethernet cable and use the link unleashed.ruckuswireless.com to try all the username and passwords?

The option to access to the Dashboard page, is to manage and run the troubleshooting steps I sent you, now also will work if you are connected to the Unleashed/AP Wi-Fi, so you may have two signals, one coming from your ISP router and the other coming from your Access Points, so you can gain access to unleashed.ruckuswireless.com either because you are connected the Switch via wired or Wi-Fi to the Unleashed SSID/Wi-Fi signal.

409_ruckus
New Contributor

Im bit confused here;

do I have to try all the username and password after reset or first try with password and then do factory reset?

to try with username and password, I'm not getting the dashboard page.

I tried connecting my laptop with ethernet cable to switch, but the link did not work unleashed.ruckuswireless.com

I got the below suggestion: But how find which is AP signal, I don't have the name for unleashed SSID.

so you may have two signals, one coming from your ISP router and the other coming from your Access Points, so you can gain access to unleashed.ruckuswireless.com either because you are connected the Switch via wired or Wi-Fi to the Unleashed SSID/Wi-Fi signal.

HI @409_ruckus 

Another option to find out your access points on your network is using an Scanner 

1-This guide show you how to track the IP address of your Ruckus devices 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2-This Guide show you how to access to the unleashed dashboard and edit or create a new Wi-Fi -Signal

Creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID)

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

3-Admin usernames and passwords for the Ruckus Wi-Fi Access Points/Switch for Lennar home users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Admin-usernames-and-password...

If nothing works we need to preform a factory reset to one of the Wireless Access Point 

Physical Factory Reset an Access Points Ruckus

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

409_ruckus
New Contributor

Thank you for more information.

the scanner is helpful to find the IP's,  I got IP's for both AP and switch, now I have to connect the laptop to switch via eth cable and try the passwords, is that correct?