cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot set up my ruckus routers

atelang1
New Contributor

I seem to be having trouble with getting my routers working properly. These were already installed by the original purchaser of the home. I have 2 pre installed, one on  the main floor, and one upstairs. The one downstairs has no lights, and the one upstairs is blinking green. When I try to set up through the app, it tells me to connect to configure me wifi, but it never shows up. Really struggling here and would like to get these working please. 

19 REPLIES 19

I tried all that and still will not connect. When setting up through the app, I still do not see the configure me wifi. I have attached pictures and videos of whats happening. The main switch outside.The main switch outside.These are my available networks to connect to. NO configure wifi network available. Only Ruckus Unleashed. Does not let me join.These are my available networks to connect to. NO configure wifi network available. Only Ruckus Unleashed. Does not let me join.

Hello @atelang1 ,

Thank you for the response.

I understand that your Ruckus setup is not working

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article describing the setup process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/RUCKUS-Lennar-Home-devices-C...

Also, I understand that one of the AP s are not turning on and lights are off.

Could you please connect the Access Point to an external power 12 VDC adapter without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable. 

(Please refer to the below screenshot). 

Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

Once you connect, perform the same factory reset process, by pressing the reset button with a paper clip 

(Introduce a paper clip or a similar implement and push the button. Once the Power Light is red, count 15-20 seconds and release the button) and check if you see configure.me.xxxxxx SSID broadcasted from that AP to configure.

Also, I would request you to please follow the below article to perform the factory reset on APs.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Please follow the article and let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Completed the steps you showed, and still no configure me network available. I do not think my system is working. So far nothing has worked.still no configure me network. I see ruckus unleashed, but wont connect to it.still no configure me network. I see ruckus unleashed, but wont connect to it.

Hello @atelang1 ,

Thank you for the response.

May I please know if you have pressed the AP reset button as described in the guide?

Please hold the button for 10 to 15 seconds, and once you release the button, you will see the PWR light in solid red color.

And will broadcast Configure.me SSID

Also, please confirm if you have connected the offline AP to a 12 VDC adapter.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Finally got it to reset. It is currently configuring. After it is done, can I hook up the other access point and can I put this one back up for POE? Thank you!