cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access point to allow pass through multi cast & broad cast

bbsbo5
New Contributor

I need customer service to contact me ASAP! 

7 REPLIES 7

Yarenis

Hi @bbsbo5 

You can describe what configuration requirements you need, by default multicast and broadcast traffic is enabled, otherwise you will not be able to get an IP address or communicate with 1 brand devices such as Alexa devices.

Note: Lennar Home customer support is provided only through this community forum.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

bbsbo5
New Contributor

I have a Sonos Sub and Ruckus had known issues allowing Sub to connect to wifi.  This is a huge issue.  I do not wish to connect my Sub with hard wire to my Arc sound bar.  I need access point to allow pass of multi and broad cast.

Hi @bbsbo5 

The Access Points have already Multicast and Broadcast enabled, which is why the other Sonos device can see each other, now there is another configuration for multicast that you can run, however, must be configured via CLI (command line interface), using any external application such a Putty or Mobaxterm, lo let me add the command and the steps.

1:Find the IP address of the Master Access Point, this can be found in the APP, Unleashed Dashboard, or you can use the next guide to discover your network device's IP address.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2:Now you know the IP address, you need to gain remote access to the Master Access Point using any of the next two Application: Putty or Mobaxterm, you can follow up the next guide:

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-12P' or 'access points' "Network devices"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

3:You maybe get s for credentials which must be the same as you used in the Unleashed APP or Dashboard, if you don't know the credential test the next combination:

Username:                      Passwords:

admin                             sp-admin

Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

4:Now you are ready to run the commands to disabled Directed Multicast/Broadcast.

Command Explanation
no qos directed-multicast

This prevents the WLAN from converting multicast traffic to unicast

qos directed-threshold 0

This disables BOTH directed broadcast and directed multicast on the SSID.

If there is only a single client, it will receive broadcast traffic as broadcast and multicast traffic as multicast.

ruckus> en
ruckus# config
ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos directed-multicast
ruckus(config-wlan)# qos directed-threshold 0

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

bbsbo5
New Contributor

I'm not able to do this.  I need Ruckus to correct these settings etc.  Please see exact details attached below.  Apparently this has been an issue both Ruckus and Sonos are aware of.

Hello Rachel.

I hope you're doing great. As discussed, Ruckus access points by default, convert multicast/broadcast traffic to unicast traffic, which disrupts expected Sonos behavior and Sonos requires multicast and broadcast traffic to be passed normally. 

Please click on the link below for the configuration and verify with Ruckus is all these configuration settings have been set on your Access Points. 
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000006140

THESE ARE TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM AN ARTICLE ON RUCKUS COMMUNITY PAGE dated August 2020.  Ruckus is aware of this issue and I need it corrected please asap.

Sonos connection recommendations and guidelines

Summary

Sonos speakers connect wired but are not connecting/staying connected wirelessly. We have seen issues with setup and not following setup instructions.

Question

Why aren't Sonos speakers staying connected or connecting at all?

Customer Environment

Ruckus Environment Sonos speakers and app on the same network

Root Cause

Configuration issue is common with setting up Sonos. Another issue stems from connecting all of the speakers wireless; it is not recommended to connect all speakers wireless as install practice.

Resolution

It is recommended by the installer and Ruckus to connect one of the speakers through the wire and connect the remaining ones wireless if desired.  There are two types of configurations for initial setup of Sonos speakers, Standard Setup or Boost Setup.  Standard Setup uses the WiFi system for speaker connections and the Boost Setup uses the speakers themselves as wireless repeaters.  Again, we recommend leaving one speaker as a wired speaker.

Here's the support site for setting up Sonos = http://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/setting-up-sonos
Please find more details on:

https://www.sonos.com

It is recommended to leave one configuration and not mix wireless with the Sonos, otherwise the connection might be flaky for some speakers.  In other words, if setup with Boost speakers will prefer to connect to other speakers.  If you have Boost setup and have defined the Wireless in the Advanced section, then a speaker will try to connect to a WiFi AP but speakers prefer other speakers if it can hear another speaker.  So if Boost is configured, it is not recommended to use the WiFi.  If Standard Setup is configured, speakers will always use AP to connect to each other.

If Standard Setup is selected for setup, then WiFi APs will be used to connect speakers to each other.  In this case, it recommended to disabled Directed Multicast/Broadcast:
ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos directed-multicast
ruckus(config-wlan)# qos directed-threshold 0

These are the protocols and ports that Sonos needs to communicate in your network.

Protocols:
-UPnP needs to be on
-Multicast Packets need to be allowed
-BPDU packets need to be allowed
-STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) needs to be allowed
-Sonos units need to be on the same subnet as the controlling device(iPod, computer , etc)
-Wireless client isolation must be turned off if any wireless devices will be controlling Sonos

Below are the ports that Sonos uses:
TCP/IP:
80 (Internet Radio, updates and registration)
443 (Rhapsody, Napster, and SiriusXM)
445 (CIFS)
3400 (incoming UPnP events - Sonos Controller App for Mac or PC)
3401 (Sonos Controller App for iOS)
3500 (Sonos Controller App for Android)
4070 (Spotify incoming events)
4444 (Sonos update process)
UDP:
136-139 (NetBIOS)
1900 (UPnP events and device detection)
1901 (UPnP responses)
2869, 10243, 10280-10284 (Windows Media Player NSS)
6969 (Initial configuration)

Regards,

Ruel A.
Sonos | Customer Experience | Contact Us
Ask questions, find answers, and share your thoughts on the Sonos Community.

Your case number is: 04452246