cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi is broadcasting but there is no internet

mrbrigam
New Contributor

I have had major problems with ruckus, I can see my network, but if i try to connect to it, it says no internet. I have power cycled and that does not do anything, all ap lights are solid green except for "AIR" which is off. wi-fi went out in the complex this morning and everyones came back except for me. Been working on it for 4 hours now, Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

Sunil_Acharya
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi mrbrigam

Greetings,

ALL LED's are green except AIR is expected which says AP is up and broadcasting 2.4 G and 5 G.

May i know the AP powered through POE or external DC power injector ?

Please make sure cables are correctly connected to the AP.

Please check if AP uplink cable has access to internet by connecting directly to the LAN port of DESKTOP/LAPTOP.

Please connect the SSID using laptop/desktop and check if you are able to ping 8.8.8.8 and also gateway ip address of the network.

Please try to forget the SSID and reconnect to the SSID.

Please let us know model of the AP.

Regards,

Sunil Acharya

I was wrong about AP lights, one ap is like that the other is Green power, control and air is off, 2.4 is amber and 5g is green.

Both ap's are POE and R510 is the model.

I do not know what the ap uplink cable is, but ethernet is not working.

Forgetting and reconnecting doesnt work.

I will try to ping 8.8.8.8 when i get back to my house.

Hi @mrbrigam 

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

From the case description, I can understand that your AP Wi-Fi broadcast is not working.

As per the light status of the APs, they seem to be working normally. Please refer to the below link for the same.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Could you please let us know?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)

3. How many Access Points are connected to the Switch?

Please help us with the above queries to assist you further. Or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

1. It was working before, I do not know if there was a power outage because i was not home, but the wifi went down throughout the community, it came back to everyone else in the community.

2.I do not know about the ISP, The Internet is provided by the HOA and is a part of my HOA fee, so i do not know how the internet gets into the switch. I assume it is one of the CAT6 cables that is plugged into the switch.

3. Two access points are connected