03-21-2023 04:56 PM
We had a power outage and since the WiFi is very spotty and slow. I saw similar posts and the fix was routing code. I did upgrade flash on primary and secondary to the latest version. Yet the APs are unable to connect to the switch. 3APs and the switch are on the same subnet. Any suggestions are much appreciated
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-22-2023 08:34 AM
Thank you for the response and the information you shared.
This issue happens when the Switch starts running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.
As I can see from the screenshot you shared, your Switch is running on Routing code (SPR). And both partitions are on the Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. In order to bring both Partitions on the Switching code (SPS) we need to upgrade the switch. (Please follow the upgrade process as described below)
We suggest you upgrade your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future:
The recommended stable version is 8095g-
Below are the options or methods to perform the Upgrade on the switch: You could choose any one of these.
1. In this option, we will use a pen drive or USB flash drive in which we move the files to the pen drive and connect it to the Switch then through CLI we execute the commands to upgrade the Switch using the following guide as a reference:
How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive
2. The following guide is an example of an upgrade via TFTP server, by using an application (FREE) to send files or upload remote files to a device, in our case, we will use it to update a new version to the Switch, basically it will send the image version remotely from the computer to the switch.
How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP
3. In this option we Upgrade the Switch from the Web Interface (GUI) of switch.
Try to access your switch from a web browser by pasting the below URL in http or https form whichever that works.
https://0.0.0.0 or http://0.0.0.0 (IP address of Switch. 0.0.0.0 is just as an example)
As you can access CLI, I would suggest you follow the 2nd option.
Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.
Thank you again for your patience.
Lennar Home Community.
03-21-2023 05:06 PM
Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.
Hope you are doing well!!!
Thank you for the detailed information you shared,
From the case description, I could understand that you upgraded the Switch after a power outage and now you are unable to connect the APs to the Switch.
Could you please share the screenshot of the error you are getting? Also
Could you please let us know?
1. To which version you have upgraded your Switch? Please perform the ‘show version’ command and share the output.
2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)
3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)
4. Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below screenshot)
Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.
Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.
Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.
Thank you again.
Lennar Home Community.
03-21-2023 05:12 PM
Upgraded to Version 09.0.10eT213
telnet@ICX7150-C12 Router#show ver
Copyright (c) Ruckus Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.
UNIT 1: compiled on Jan 31 2023 at 21:55:19 labeled as SPR09010e
(33554432 bytes) from Primary SPR09010e.bin (UFI)
SW: Version 09.0.10eT213
Compressed Primary Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.25T225 (mnz10125)
Compiled on Mon Aug 8 11:58:28 2022
HW: Stackable ICX7150-C12-POE
UNIT 1: SL 1: ICX7150-C12-2X1G POE 12-port Management Module
Software Package: ICX7150_BASE_L3_SOFT_PACKAGE
Current License: 2X1G
P-ASIC 0: type B160, rev 11 Chip BCM56160_B0
UNIT 1: SL 2: ICX7150-2X1GC 2-port 2G Module
UNIT 1: SL 3: ICX7150-2X10GF 2-port 20G Module
1000 MHz ARM processor ARMv7 88 MHz bus
8 MB boot flash memory
2 GB code flash memory
1 GB DRAM
STACKID 1 system uptime is 1 hour(s) 25 minute(s) 11 second(s)
The system started at 22:34:23 GMT+00 Tue Jan 31 2023
--More--, next page: Space, next line: Return key, quit: Control-c^C
telnet@ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash
Stack unit 1:
NAND Type: Micron NAND 2GiB (x 1)
Compressed Pri Code size = 33554432, Version:09.0.10eT213 (SPR09010e.bin)
Compressed Sec Code size = 33554432, Version:09.0.10eT213 (SPR09010e.bin)
Compressed Pri Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.25T225 (mnz10125)
Compressed Sec Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.25T225 (mnz10125)
Code Flash Free Space = 805515264
03-21-2023 05:18 PM
Just to clarify I upgraded because the APs were unable to connect to the switch. Even after the upgrade the problem persists.
03-21-2023 05:19 PM
The ISP connection is very stable (fiber 1Gig).