cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi for ruckus is freezing and slowing up after power outage

Katrins74
New Contributor

HI there,

Our internet is not working properly after power outage. Streaming and video calls are impossible. I've read through a similar situations on your forum and trying to fix the code. I've connected my 2015 Macbook Air directly to the switch with a USB type C cable,  downloaded the driver for Mac, and then started to enter commands in the Terminal. I was using this message for reference: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Wifi-for-ruckus-is-freezing-...

After trying all the steps that is what I see on my screen: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 11.31.03 AM.png 

Please help me to solve the issue. 

Thank you. 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Katrins74 

Please run the next command to run a help check in the switch first, also confirm if you reload the Switch because I can see the uptime is just 1 minute.

show lldp neighbors

show lldp neighbors detail

show poe

show interface brief

show log

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

this what I see after running show poe.

What do I click next since it is not letting me type in the next command from your list. 

I had to run all the steps again because I quit the terminal session after I sent you a message with the session time out screen shot. Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 2.19.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-29 at 2.19.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-29 at 2.19.50 PM.png 

Hi @Katrins74 

The same screen provide you the instruction, to check more lines or pages press space key, to quit the input control plus the C key, please run the next commands in the port where that access points are connected (1/1/1 and 1/1/6) as well where is connected the ISP router

Yarenis_0-1672353257267.png

Diagnostic commands:

clear cable-diagnostics tdr x/x/x

phy cable-diag tdr x/x/x

show cable-diagnostics tdr x/x/x

Example in your Access Point current port.

clear cable-diagnostics tdr 1/1/1

phy cable-diag tdr 1/1/1

show cable-diagnostics tdr 1/1/1

clear cable-diagnostics tdr 1/1/6

phy cable-diag tdr 1/1/6

show cable-diagnostics tdr 1/1/6

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Could you please be more specific? Do I need to check more lines by pressing space bar, or quit output with control C before I run the diagnostic commands? Do I kist keep typing commands on the next line? 

Hi @Katrins74 

Both space key to display all the input of the commands requested, and the control + c if you require to quick that input page. 

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.