cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi for ruckus is freezing and slowing up after power outage

Katrins74
New Contributor

HI there,

Our internet is not working properly after power outage. Streaming and video calls are impossible. I've read through a similar situations on your forum and trying to fix the code. I've connected my 2015 Macbook Air directly to the switch with a USB type C cable,  downloaded the driver for Mac, and then started to enter commands in the Terminal. I was using this message for reference: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Wifi-for-ruckus-is-freezing-...

After trying all the steps that is what I see on my screen: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 11.31.03 AM.png 

Please help me to solve the issue. 

Thank you. 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Katrins74 

3. Can I connect my computer with one of the Ethernet cables that are already connected to the switch, or that should be a separate Ethernet cable connected to one of the available yellow ports? 

Note: also share the command 

show interface ethernet X/X/X

with the interfaces where are connected the Access point and the ISP router one by one,I want to check the uptime of each.

Any yellow port, any Ethernet cable, just do no, disconnects the cable between the ISP router and the Switch.

4. How do I connect my computer to unleashed network? I typed in the IP address in the bar and password that is on the switch is not working (admin, Lennar).

Try the next bundle:

Username:                      Passwords:

admin                             sp-admin

Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

3. I'm working on finding an usb to ethernet adapter to connect it to my computer. Do I keep my computer connected to the switch with the USB to C cable when I connect it with ethernet cable or unplug it and connect it with ethernet cable only? 

with the interfaces where are connected the Access point and the ISP router one by one,I want to check the uptime of each. - My computer skills are good enough to  follow step by step instructions (preferably with pictures). I don't understand how to check the uptime and what that means.

4. I tried all the combinations it doesn't let me in. if the Lennar technician who came to our house 2 years ago changed it - we don't remember the new password. Is there a way to change password? When I click on forgot password, it says "password recovery is disabled".

Hi @Katrins74 

Hope you are doing well ! 

If you want to test the on the port you can keep the USB type C console cable or remove it depends on you if it is more comfortable for you , but what you need is an Ethernet cable that goes from the Switch to the PC and that Wi-Fi should be disabled to do the wired test.

4-The Passwords are sensitive key  please try the following : 

username: admin password: Lennar
username: admin password: Ruckus1
username: admin password: Ruckus!

If that does not work we must proceed with a factory reset, you must disconnect all access points except one, with which you are going to work the Factory reset process. I will leave a short guide how to do it

Physical Factory Reset an Access Points Ruckus

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using your Mobile

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usi...

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez