cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Bandwidth 29-40 mbps Adequate?

raymond_jender
New Contributor II

So, our living room TV is a Vizio 75".  Cable TV (Spectrum fibre) works fine.  The issue is WiFi apps.  For instance, while watching the CW app, movies tend to freeze every 5 mins or so.  I don't see a buffering animation circle.  The movie just freezes for around 30 secs before picking up where it left off.  My WiFi bandwidth test on the TV ranges from 29-40 mbps.   Is that adequate bandwidth? I would think it should be higher.  Or could it actually be the TV?    BTW, my fiber ethernet bandwidth is 400-550 mbps up and down.  Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

Hello @raymond_jender ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

flash.JPGswitch version.JPG

Hello @raymond_jender ,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response.

We suggest upgrading your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future. Your Switch is on an older version that is 08080d.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to upgrade the switch to the recommended version

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please observe the speed after upgrading the Switch and if the issue still persists, we would suggest you to please perform factory reset on APs.

Please follow the process explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

Hello @raymond_jender ,

Thank you for the response.

Please follow the Option-2 (upgrade using CLI)outlined in the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article shared in our previous post/communication.

Please follow the option-2 process explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran