cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed app shows ap as offline but lights are on

danalbre
New Contributor

On my mobile unleashed app, one of my two aps is shown as offline, but both of the physical aps have all green lights. Is this some error specific to the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I observed that your Master AP is assigned with a Public IP address (76.214.42.5) by your ISP Router. However, it is always suggested to use a Private IP address for the Switch and APs.

This happens when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Salmon75
New Contributor

This forum is goddamn useless af. Told me on the phone that this is the only way to get help for Lennar homes, but no one has been able to offer any help!

Imran_ruckus

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that you have an issue with Unleashed app.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your response. There wasn't any power outage prior to this issue, but we have had spotty connection through ruckus for a few weeks now (connection is just fine through the att router). I'm attaching pictures of the switch lights and of our two access points. On the access points it looks like all lights are on except the AIR which, but maybe it's just dim.

IMG_4851.jpeg

IMG_4852.jpeg

IMG_4853.jpeg

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi