cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed app shows ap as offline but lights are on

danalbre
New Contributor

On my mobile unleashed app, one of my two aps is shown as offline, but both of the physical aps have all green lights. Is this some error specific to the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I observed that your Master AP is assigned with a Public IP address (76.214.42.5) by your ISP Router. However, it is always suggested to use a Private IP address for the Switch and APs.

This happens when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Imran,

That appears to have done the trick. I disabled passthrough, factory reset the AP once again, and now both of my APs are showing up on the Unleashed app. Thanks for the help!

Hi @danalbre 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved.

Yes, due to a passthrough, your Switch and Master AP were getting Public IP Addresses by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router and it should be a Private IP address. Since your slave AP is on a Private IP address, it wasn’t able to contact the Master AP which was on the Public IP address earlier. Now after disabling the passthrough on your ISP Router, both the APs and other devices are on Private IP addresses as a result they can contact each other.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Salmon75 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

As this case is raised by @danalbre 

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Good morning, 

I did create my post last week but I was ignored. I've been without a proper connection for months now.

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Salmon75 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

As mentioned, please create a new post with a detailed description of the issue, in the Lennar Home Community forum to assist you further.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi