cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to follow steps in Software Recovery Instructions

liljazz2007
New Contributor

I am following the instructions in https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re... and when I get to the device manager, I do not see any COM# listed under Ports (COM & LPT). I tried adding legacy hardware in device manager and I get error code 34.  I am unable to run putty, as I get an error. I think something may be wrong with the usb-c port on the switch, as I have tried several different cables. Other usbs connect to my laptop without issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @liljazz2007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and trying the software recovery process multiple times, the failure persists with both console ports not responding. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Imran_ruckus

Hi @liljazz2007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are trying the software recovery process for the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, which is stuck in boot mode and unable to access it via Putty.

Could you please share a Picture showing the software recovery cable connection between the Switch and the Laptop/PC?

And please help us with a screenshot of the Device Manager showing the COM ports.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to the above queries and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_8146.jpeg

IMG_8147.jpeg

IMG_8148.jpeg

IMG_8149.jpeg

liljazz2007
New Contributor

How much longer for a response?