cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to follow steps in Software Recovery Instructions

liljazz2007
New Contributor

I am following the instructions in https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re... and when I get to the device manager, I do not see any COM# listed under Ports (COM & LPT). I tried adding legacy hardware in device manager and I get error code 34.  I am unable to run putty, as I get an error. I think something may be wrong with the usb-c port on the switch, as I have tried several different cables. Other usbs connect to my laptop without issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @liljazz2007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and trying the software recovery process multiple times, the failure persists with both console ports not responding. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Hi @liljazz2007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

Please note, that this forum is on best best-effort basis, and as per our policies, we must check and troubleshoot with every possible method before we confirm it’s a hardware issue to proceed with RMA. Thank you for your co-operation so far.

If you suspect your USB-C type port is not working on the Switch, please use an ethernet cable and connect to the other console port as shown in the below screenshot. Since there are two options to get console access from the Switch. 

Once you connect the ethernet cable between your Switch and the laptop as shown above, please check the COM ports in the device manager. And share the screenshot of the same.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

My computer only has one Ethernet port. How am I supposed to connect two Ethernet ports? If this was an option from the beginning you should have provided that. Please resend instructions with this new setup, as the original software recovery instructions calls for a usb-c and Ethernet connection. I cannot follow what you just submitted and connect another Ethernet. 

Hi @liljazz2007 

Thank you for the response.

Please just connect only ONE ethernet cable as described in my previous post and the Device Manager if you see a COM port for the Switch.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Port #15 (see diagram) is dead too. I verified this by unplugging the ethernet from my #15 and plugging it into #13 (see diagram). #15 did not register on my computer's end (picture included) but #13 (see picture) did. So Ruckus needs to replace this switch because #1 and #15 are the only way for me to perform a software recovery and both are DEAD. Please stop wasting my time and approve an RMA so When connected to #15 on switch and laptop.When connected to #15 on switch and laptop.Connected to #15 on switchConnected to #15 on switchNo connectivity from #15No connectivity from #15Test to prove cable works, connected to #13 on switch and works. See lights are lit up.Test to prove cable works, connected to #13 on switch and works. See lights are lit up.Test to prove cable works, connected to #13 on switch and laptop and it works. See lights are lit up.Test to prove cable works, connected to #13 on switch and laptop and it works. See lights are lit up.Diagram for reference, so you understand my references to #15 and #13Diagram for reference, so you understand my references to #15 and #13can get back to having proper internet service, you are costing me money at this point. 

Hi @liljazz2007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and trying the software recovery process multiple times, the failure persists with both console ports not responding. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi