cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System stopped working, AP was factory reset and it won't broadcast new SSID

FL2CO
New Contributor

I started having issues with my system a few days ago and yesterday it stopped running internet traffic. The SSID was still broadcasting, but it was basically dead for traffic. After powering down, unplugging, and all the usual steps I tried loading the new firmware and that didn't do anything...not sure it completed the update. 

My next option was a factory reset so I unplugged all APs except the primary and did a hard reset. That allowed me to connect to the Configure.Me and I went through the whole process and it indicated that it was compelted but the new SSID won't broadcast - it's stuck on the Configure.Me. Any ideas on what I should do, or should I open an RMA on the device? I'm stuck.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayavidhya

Hi @FL2CO 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for your detailed description,

For detailed understanding of the issue please share the image of the switch and the access points showing the LED status and the cable connections.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Also please let us know how many access points are connected to the switch.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jayavidhya

Hi @FL2CO 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for your detailed description,

For detailed understanding of the issue please share the image of the switch and the access points showing the LED status and the cable connections.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Also please let us know how many access points are connected to the switch.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello, and thank you for the reply. It seems that the AP came online overnight and it is broadcasting the new SSID. I am still having a few issues:

1. The slave AP has not synced up and is still broadcasting the Recover.Me.xxxxx address. 
  2. My switch is showing as offline in Unleashed
  3. One of our iPhones won't connect to the network - it just pinwheels. This is after confirming the password and also resetting all networks on the iPhone. 

Any ideas on how to get these resolved?

Thank you

Hi @FL2CO 

Thanks for your response,

Based on your description the recover.me appears only when a mesh configuration is present. 

To solve this issue we need to hard reset the slave access point to configure the network again.

Please try to reset the Access point by holding the reset button until you see the configure.me SSID.

Physical Factory Reset an Access Points Ruckus

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

For detailed understanding of the issue please refer to the below guide.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000011009

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I wanted to share how this was resolved. I reset everything, as described. It took 8 hours for the system to come back and broadcast the proper SSID but it did eventually come back online. It was stable for about 1 month, then the issues started happening again. 

The only solution I found was to change switch ports where I connect the router to the switch. That will get the system running for anywhere from 4-12 hours, then the data stops flowing over the APs. If I move it to a new port, it will work again, then the cycle continues. It seems as if the issue is with the switch. I replaced the router and have no issues with it's wireless SSID working property it is only on the Ruckus portion of the system. I suspect there is an issue with the switch needing to be replaced.