cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching ISP to Starlink

CopperHarbor
New Contributor II

I have three R500 routers at my home and previously had a local ISP and the network worked fine. I recently switched to Starlink and have had issues since then. I get IP address configuration errors and the network goes into the Recover.Me mode. I reset everything, by doing a factory reset on each unit and going through the Configure.Me steps and get it working again, and then it fails after a period. I believe my previous ISP used a static IP address and Starlink uses CGNAT.  What do I need to do in the IP configuration to make the Starlink work? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So far it has been working.  I had an inexpensive Netgear WiFi router and put in between the Starlink unit and the Ruckus AP units.  I did turn the radio of in the Netgear router since it is not needed and may just confuse everything.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @CopperHarbor

That is correct, I have another post from a customer who made the same changes as you, it seems that the Starlink device, which connects to the ICX7150 Switch, does not run the DHCP protocol which is the protocol in charge of killing IP addresses to the access points and eventually future clients, now the ICX7150 Switch can run this protocol, but it does not run NAT, so it cannot translate the local IP addresses to the public IP address of the internet, also the access points can run DHCP, but if the Starlink device does not run NAT or cannot route multiple subnets it will be the same problem, as your electrical engineer friend suggested, if you connect a basic router in the middle of the Starlink device and the ICX7150 Switch this problem will be solved, do not worry about buying an expensive router, because at the end your device in charge of managing the wireless network will be the RUCKUS access points.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community Moderator

So far it has been working.  I had an inexpensive Netgear WiFi router and put in between the Starlink unit and the Ruckus AP units.  I did turn the radio of in the Netgear router since it is not needed and may just confuse everything.  Thanks for your help.

uplinkal
New Contributor III

I have a similar situation in which Starlink is my IPS. It has provided excellent service with my local area network and all devices connected there. I am using a TP-Link AC1750 as a router between the Starlink device and my LAN. When I activate my Ruckus H500 or my R700, I cannot reach the internet at all. I have everything run as STATIC, including the Ruckus devices. Where am I going wrong? I have struggled all week to get this to work.