cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching ISP to Starlink

CopperHarbor
New Contributor II

I have three R500 routers at my home and previously had a local ISP and the network worked fine. I recently switched to Starlink and have had issues since then. I get IP address configuration errors and the network goes into the Recover.Me mode. I reset everything, by doing a factory reset on each unit and going through the Configure.Me steps and get it working again, and then it fails after a period. I believe my previous ISP used a static IP address and Starlink uses CGNAT.  What do I need to do in the IP configuration to make the Starlink work? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So far it has been working.  I had an inexpensive Netgear WiFi router and put in between the Starlink unit and the Ruckus AP units.  I did turn the radio of in the Netgear router since it is not needed and may just confuse everything.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yarenis

Hi @CopperHarbor

Seem you are having an issue with the DHCP IP address assignments protocol when the Access goes to recover.me is because the Access Points are not getting an IP address, for this the device in charge used to be your ISP router, now you require a router or device that run that protocol for us, you can potentially enable DHCP either in the Switch or the same Access Points, however, the Switch does no run NAT, which is the protocol to convert the traffic coming from the Private network to the internet, so you need to get in contact with Starlink and request to enable DHCP for you because what you have is an ICX7150 Switch connected to access points.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

Thank you.  I will contact Starlink and go from there.

Hi @CopperHarbor

Sure.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

CopperHarbor
New Contributor II

I am still waiting on a reply from Starlink based on your previous response.  Yesterday, I discussed my issue with an Electrical Engineering friend who is well versed in the subject area.  He suggested that perhaps putting a router in between the Starlink device and the Ruckus APs, the router may address the IP address issue.  Do you have any thoughts on that?  Thank you.