cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPD & DIAG Lights Only

jmr
New Contributor

Hello,

My  MIL moved into a Lennar home and hasn't had anything working with the Ruckus system since she took ownership.  She switched providers from AT&T to Xfininity so we've done factory resets on all devices as a start.  From the get-go though, the only lights on the 7150 switch that come on are the SPD and the DIAG lights (green).  We've never seen any amber lights, upon a factory reset, nothing happens but the steady green light of SPD and then sometimes the DIAG, but not every time.  It seems that the switch may be faulty as I plugged into it directly with my laptop and it seemed to blow out my ethernet port in my laptop which is not great.  What would be next steps in troubleshooting?  We finally got PoE to the AP and was able to reset it, but not via the switch, via another PoE device.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jmr 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @jmr 

Based on the image you have shared it seems that you have connected only the console cable on your switch and not your management port on your switch.

For software recovery, please make sure you have the following connections.

1: A console cable connected between your Computer to the ICX 7150 Switch Type-C USB console port.

Yarenis_0-1668790639930.png

Note: The cable type will be USB to type C, where the USB it’s going to your computer and the type C to the Type C connection in your switch, is the port number#1 in the next guide.

Port-side view

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-98DBADCF-277F-4450-8A0B-58A4F916179...

2: Ethernet cable connected between the Out-of-band management port in the Switch to your computer Ethernet port.

Yarenis_0-1668788958711.png

Note: Out-of-band management port in the Switch is the number 13 in the next guide:

Port-side view

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-98DBADCF-277F-4450-8A0B-58A4F916179...

Once you are done with the above two connections please proceed with the step '4' in the below guide.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi @jmr 

Also please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

jmr
New Contributor

Hello,

Yes, my apologies as I missed that the connections needed both cables.  I've done that and unfortunately, it seems the network port isn't working in the device either.  I'm still not getting a prompt using Putty nor MobaXterm.  I've attached pics showing that I do have a link light when I connect via RJ-45 to my Xfinity router but when I connect to the Ruckus, I get no link light to the router using Port 13.  I think this device is bad.  Thanks for any additional help you can provide.

jmr
New Contributor

Capture.JPG20230518_181555.jpg20230518_181550.jpg20230518_180841.jpg20230518_180832.jpg

Hi @jmr 

Greetings of the day,

Please try rebooting your switch once and perform the software recovery process in putty.

Please find the below link to download the mobaxterm application.

Mobaxterm: https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

Note: Mobaxterm is a putty-like tool with a slightly different interface.

Vsquez_Fer_2-1666959743265.png

Vsquez_Fer_3-1666959743269.png

Vsquez_Fer_4-1666959743271.png

For MacOS system like like MacBook we can access from the terminal of the device without having to install a tool.

Vsquez_Fer_5-1666959743273.png

For Telnet access:

nc ‘IP of the device’ 23

Vsquez_Fer_6-1666959743274.png

For ssh Access:

ssh ‘username’@’IP of the device’

Vsquez_Fer_7-1666959743275.png

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community