cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPD & DIAG Lights Only

jmr
New Contributor

Hello,

My  MIL moved into a Lennar home and hasn't had anything working with the Ruckus system since she took ownership.  She switched providers from AT&T to Xfininity so we've done factory resets on all devices as a start.  From the get-go though, the only lights on the 7150 switch that come on are the SPD and the DIAG lights (green).  We've never seen any amber lights, upon a factory reset, nothing happens but the steady green light of SPD and then sometimes the DIAG, but not every time.  It seems that the switch may be faulty as I plugged into it directly with my laptop and it seemed to blow out my ethernet port in my laptop which is not great.  What would be next steps in troubleshooting?  We finally got PoE to the AP and was able to reset it, but not via the switch, via another PoE device.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jmr 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

jmr
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  We've done that about 15 times with the same outcome on the lights.  Nothing ever blinks, flashes, changes, it goes right to the DIAG & SPD lights only.  Thank you.

Hi @jmr 

Thanks for your reply,

If the resetting process doesn't work, we can try performing a software recovery process.

Here is the quick guide to perform software recovery.

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

jmr
New Contributor

Hello,  this unfortunately isn't helpful if I can't get a prompt when I am connected via serial, how can I do the software recovery process.  Please review the attached responses and pictures I've provided.  thank you.

Hi @jmr 

Please check the connections by replacing the another power cable to the switch. To check whether the cable connections are in good connection.

If this step does not work please try plugging your switch to a power outlet and share the image showing the light status of the switch.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

jmr
New Contributor

Thank you again for the response.  I've tried two different power cables.  Same effect SPD & DIAG lights only - unless the serial connection is enabled then all of the lights are amber.  I've also tried three different power outlets, same exact issue.  Thanks.