cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus switch not working (i think)

relingburg
New Contributor III

i have a lennar home, a ruckus switch, 2 APs, and for a week now, we have not been able to get a connection through the switch. lights are on on the APs, the network shows up but once connected, you're offline. it makes no sense. i have no idea what to do, ruckus will not help me, and i need my internet in order to get my job done. as another user said, the "instructions" provided here are way over my head, i think it's ridiculous that it's taking me this long to get the issue resolved, and i still see no end in sight. can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @relingburg 

Please run the next commands to fix the routing code issue, when the switch comes back, or you have time you can upgrade to the code 08095g, however, after running the commands that I will provide the slow connectivity will be fixed.

Commands:

enable   

copy flash flash secondary  

write memory

Boot system flash primary yes

Example and explanation:

ICX7150-C12 Router>enable   

ICX7150-C12 Router>show flash  (you can confirm in which partition you have the correct code that will start with SPS example: SPS08080f.bin normally will be your primary partition)

ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary  (this will copy what is in your primary code to the secondary)

ICX7150-C12 Router# write memory

ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash  (now both partitions must start with the SPS before the code type)

ICX7150-C12 Router#Boot system flash primary yes 

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

here you go!! 

relingburg_0-1670451633761.png

i will be waiting patiently by all of the devices for my next step!!!

Hi @relingburg 

Please run the next commands to fix the routing code issue, when the switch comes back, or you have time you can upgrade to the code 08095g, however, after running the commands that I will provide the slow connectivity will be fixed.

Commands:

enable   

write memory

Example and explanation:

ICX7150-C12 Router>enable   

ICX7150-C12 Router>show flash  (you can confirm in which partition you have the correct code that will start with SPS example: SPS08080f.bin normally will be your primary partition)

ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary  (this will copy what is in your primary code to the secondary)

ICX7150-C12 Router# write memory

ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash  (now both partitions must start with the SPS before the code type)

ICX7150-C12 Router#Boot system flash primary yes 

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

relingburg
New Contributor III

this is what happened when i went into putty consoled in to the switch and typed the commands, please help with what to try next, thank you

relingburg_0-1670459188356.png

@relingburg 

Please do this in the following sequence.
Don't add or remove anything.

write memory

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

relingburg
New Contributor III

after i sent you the last screenshot, i went to your profile and followed the steps in "fix routing code" and i got it to show up as switch instead of router, so i feel like i made some progress?

on my ruckus app, it still shows up red, as icx7150-c12-router, so maybe i didn't make progress. i'll go follow your steps above now.