cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus switch not showing in the dashboard

ra507102234
New Contributor III

Ruckus switch is not showing in the dashboard, does this mean the switch is not working ? Tried adding manually, but I am not sure of IP address. When I run the IP scanner, showing two AP IP's but not finding the Switch IP I guess. Any suggestion how to add switch to dash board first. Then I can continue debug the rest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ra507102234
New Contributor III

It all worked atlast. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Hi @ra507102234 

Seem during the Upgrade the SSH and LLDP were not enabled, so the Master Access Point will not discover the ICX Switch, So let's enable those protocols.

Switch(config)#configure terminal

Switch(config)#crypto key generate

Switch(config)#aaa authentication login default local

Switch(config)#lldp run

Switch(config)#write memory

Note: give 10 minutes after changes, if it does not join, hit add from the Unleashed dashboard, if you run show log, you will be able to see the Master IP trying to indicate a SSH session into the Switch.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

ra507102234
New Contributor III

How to get in to that config ?

Hi @ra507102234 

as the example, the configure terminal command

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

ra507102234
New Contributor III

I did these steps and AP's are not getting power :

ICX7150-C12 Router>enable   

ICX7150-C12 Router>show flash  (you can confirm in which partition you have the correct code that will start with SPS example: SPS08080f.bin normally will be your primary partition)

ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary  (this will copy what is in your primary code to the secondary)

ICX7150-C12 Router# write memory

ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash  (now both partitions must start with the SPS before the code type)

ICX7150-C12 Router#Boot system flash primary yes 

Hi @ra507102234 

those commands are not to enable PoE in the Switch, now I confused, because at the begging you contacted us became the ICX Switch was not showing in the dashboard (so this mean that your Access point were powering up), now you are telling me that, please clarify what is your problem now.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.