cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus r510 range improvement for dummies?

eric_hutchens
New Contributor III
We recently purchased a smart home that has a Ruckus r510 AP installed in the ceiling of the front entryway, which is connected to a Ruckus ICX-7150 switch in a media cabinet in the laundry room.  All the smart home features seem to be working pretty well --- the only complaint I have is that there are a few "dead spots", locations in the house  where it seems to take forever to get my smartphone to communicate to the smart home devices through the supporting apps.  I was wondering what options I might have to improve reception/range to try to eliminate these dead spots. I would not consider myself an expert on home Wi-Fi & networking, but I'm a quick study --- I'm hoping for a fairly economical solution that would also minimizes the chances of me unintentionally crashing my smart home to a point where I can't recover with my limited knowledge!
62 REPLIES 62

it worked for me on the mac using the current version of firefox.

Ok I’ll try Firefox I was using chrome on windows environment

i down graded and it helped a bit, i just switched the Spectrum modem to an arris sb6190 modem and went from 80mbps consistent speeds to 380mbps consistent speeds.  I was told that Spectrum either didn't configure their modems for higher speeds, but most likely they were throttling my speed through their modem .

The subject of R510 was range improvement. The range as AP is limiting comparing with my Asus router. Just tested my new R510 inside the house and with no obstacles in line of sight  like concrete walls the range and quality is good, the range diminished instantly behind concrete walls. No wifi signals are detected anymore whilst switching to the Asus router wifi signals were stable and strong.
I would have expected better wifi signals from Ruckus R510 product. Beamflex should have been strong.

hayward_kong
Contributor III
EJH7,

I’m guessing you are still on 200.7.x firmware.... can you contact Lennar ruckus team and open a ticket number since your home should come with some kind of support contract with ruckus since we know your speed issues will limit your connection. We have another lennar smart home owner that opened a ticket.