cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus in Recover.me mode

mraybellwick
New Contributor

After buying a new router and having their support assist me, I was asked to unplug the Ruckus and plug-it back in.  After this, I have been unable to get my Ruckus out of Recover.Me mode.  I have unplugged it a dozen times trying to get it out of this mode, but no help.  Apparently, Ruckus no longer supports the VB homes with issues, which leads me to believe I am one of many with this issue!!  I also do not have a password for the recover.me in any of my paperwork.

3 REPLIES 3

Yarenis

Hi @mraybellwick

Seems, the Access Point it's no getting connection after changing the ISP, It's important to know that we depend on two things from your ISP router, 1: the internet and 2: the IP addressing means that you ISP router is the ones that will provide the IP addressing to all the devices in your network, so the first will be sure that what you have connected from ISP to the Ruckus ICX7150 Switch is a router and not just a simple modem, After checking this you can perform a factory reset to the AP, now according to your explanation I can think all the Access Points in your house are in the same state?

1:Check the type of new router you have now? Please share the model, so we can confirm, in here, ensure that between the ISP router and the ICX7150 Switch there is a connection in one of the 12 or 8 Ethernet ports.

Yarenis_1-1668449595758.png

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Note: the ones mark in yellow are the available Ethernet ports to connect all your devices, including the connection between your ISP router and the ICX7150 Switch.

2:Confirm if all the APs are in the same state(recover.me).

3:Please share the status of the Light of your AP or APs.

4:Test your ISP router by connecting to the SSID/Wi-Fi signal, or be connecting a computer directly to the router to ensure that it's passing traffic.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

mraybellwick
New Contributor

I am not the most IT savvy, so most of this is greek to me.  Below is the recent router purchased:  ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6 Gaming Router (GT-AX11000) - Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wireless Router, 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU, WTFast, 2.5G Port, AiMesh Compatible, Included Lifetime Internet Security, AURA RGB

If I plug the router directly into one of the "Yellow" ports, the lights on both of my R510's turn to yellow for the 2.4 and 5G.  If I plug my router into the 13th port (Out-of-band management port) the 2.4G turns green on the R510's and the 5G continues to stay yellow.

Hi @mraybellwick 

1:The router must be connected to one of the yellow ports, the 13th port (Out-of-band management port) is for management, so leave the connection in one of the yellow ports.

2:Will be normal that the 2.4 and 5g signal were yellow, this means that the signal are on, but there are no clients connected.

Yarenis_0-1668452207932.pngYarenis_1-1668452218224.png

3:Ensure that the PWR light must be green solid.

4:Give to leave at lease 2 minutes after connecting all properly, if the issue persisted, please reset the APs one by one, by disconnecting and reconnecting them from the ICX7150 Switch.3

Best regards,
Yarenis Hernández
Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired