cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus icx 7150-c12p switch - Amber Syst LED

ahortman93
New Contributor

I've had to work with support multiple times on this issue. Every time there is a power outage, I lose activity on all the switch ports. Only the power and syst LEDs are lit. Power is green and syst is amber. I was told that I received one of the older switches when we got the house. Is there any way I can replace my current switch with one that doesn't do this every time there is an outage?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @ahortman93  

Hope you are doing well 

That is not possible as the replacements are the same devices but to avoid this you can upgrade to 8095g and this problem should not occur so repeatedly.

The best step is to have an UPS ( Power protector ) connect  it to the ICX-7150-C12P

Could you please sent us a screenshots while you are doing the software recovery to make sure the steps.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Can you send me an 8095g so that I don't have to deal with this problem again or are you suggesting I purchase one? 

Hi @ahortman93 

You need to troubleshoot the unit that you have ( is not broken or damaged ) 

We also cannot have units replaced or shipped without troubleshooting.

Best Regards

Fernando Vasquez

There is a huge fault with this model switch that is not being acknowledged. If I get a UPS that has a couple hours of battery life and have an outage that lasts 3+ hours, the switch will power down. When it powers back on, it will lose the boot config. Do you expect your customers to serial into the switch every time this happens?

@ahortman93 

Please, perform the software recovery and upgrade the switch to the code 08095g,finally confirm the upgrade in this post, if the issue persists after upgrade, we can replace the unit.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired