cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus access point will not go beyond 100mbps. How do I increase it back to 1000mbps.

Antoniobaker09
New Contributor

I've recently noticed that one of my access points will not push out any wifi pass 100mbps, while my other one upstairs shows 1000mbps. I've always called the customer service line and they always increased it back to 1000mbps. How do I increase the speeds without causing any complications? This is causing my downstairs TV's to buffer due to low speeds.

Thank you,

13 REPLIES 13

Jayavidhya

Hi @Antoniobaker09 

Greetings of the day,

From the case description, it seems you are not able to increase speed beyond 100mbps.

To solve this issue we need to check the speed transferred by the switch ports, so we have to get access to the switch.

There are two ways to get access to the switch.

1.  By IP Address of the Switch OR
  2.  By Console Access to the Switch

1. By IP address: To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

Hereby I attach a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

2. We have two ways to check the speed transmitted from the Switch to the Access Point.

1- Please share the Screenshots from the Unleashed dashboard as shown in the below picture:

Imran_ruckus_5-1677167766556.png

Imran_ruckus_6-1677167766558.png

2)  Please run the following commands from the CLI of the Switch and share the output of each command-

enable

show version

show inline power 
show interface brief

2)  By Console access: If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB.

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please perform the same commands and share the output of each command that are on point '2'

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

20230428_223359.jpg

Hi @Antoniobaker09 

Thanks for your reply.

Please share the Screenshots from the Unleashed dashboard as shown in the below picture clearly.

Imran_ruckus_5-1677167766556.png

Imran_ruckus_6-1677167766558.png

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Screenshot_20230504_180835_Unleashed.jpg

 Is this what you are looking for?