cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch rebooted in Router mode after power outage, causing internet instability

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Hi,

I currently have my connection set up as below

Internet Modem -> Router -> Ruckus Switch/Router -> Ruckus APs

Originally, I believe my Ruckus Switch was set up as a Switch, but after a recent power outage, devices connecting to my Ruckus APs have become unstable.  When looking into the Ruckus Switch within the Ruckus app, its status is now PENDING, and also that it is now a "Router"?  It is also now prompting for a username and password when trying to access via the app, but I do not have a username and password.

How can I,

1. Revert the Ruckus Router back to a Switch format?

2. Access the Ruckus Switch/Router via username/pass?

3. Prevent the Switch from booting as a Router in future power outages?

I have seen similar topics but am not able to understand some of the steps to revert.  Would appreciate a step by step on how to resolve.

Thanks in advance for any help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @brocashmere 

please perform the Upgrade to the recommended code 08095g using the switching file named SPS08095gufi.bin, this will fix the current defect that exist after a power outage causing that the Switch boot from the secondary no default partition, but this time you will have both partitions in Switching code.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @brocashmere

Remember, run the command to enable SSH, please show me a screenshot, this must be done from Web Gui.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Thanks Yarenis - removing the Switch and letting it re-add by itself worked.  Appreciate your help here!

Hi @brocashmere

I guess you never accessed the web GUI.

1:Paste the IP address of the Access Point master in the URL bar, and log in with the same credentials of the APP.

2:Paste the next site unleashed.ruckuswireless.com in both cases your computer/Phone or tablet must be connected to the WIF coming from the access.

points.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Jayavidhya

Hi @brocashmere

1. Revert the Ruckus Router back to a Switch format?

Ans: To revert back to switch mode we have to change the codes to switching format.

For example here SPR08090d "R" is a routing code and in SPS08095d "S" is a switching code.

Secondary partition contains the routing code  which is causing the bad connectivity issues. This could happen after multiple power outages, please follow up the next guide to fix this issue.

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via CLI

Guide#1 for CLI: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Guide#2 for CLI: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-solve-the-routing-cod...

ICX7150-24P Router>ena
ICX7150-24P Router#show flash

Most of the Lennar homes has the switching code in the primary image (SPS08090d) with the following command we are going to remove the routing code image in to the secondary in order to avoid this issue if there is any power outage in the future

2. Access the Ruckus Switch/Router via username/pass?

For gaining access to switch there are 4 ways .

WebGUI, SSH, Telnet, console.

Note: Taking consideration that the unleashed dashboard/ application have their own credentials and the switch has other credentials to manage the switch, inorder to fix the routing code issue you have to gain access to the switch via WebGUI or SSH or Telnet or Console.

Please check the following credentials for the switch.

Usernames:           Passwords:

admin                    sp-admin

super                     Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

3. Prevent the Switch from booting as a Router in future power outages?

To prevent this issue, please perform an upgrade to the code 08095g UFI and upgrade both partitions primary and secondary with the switching code file named SPS08095gufi.bin, take into consideration that is the Switch is running a code lower than 08080 you need to upgrade twice, from the code you are to 08080f and then the recommended code 08095g UFI.

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community