cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch rebooted in Router mode after power outage, causing internet instability

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Hi,

I currently have my connection set up as below

Internet Modem -> Router -> Ruckus Switch/Router -> Ruckus APs

Originally, I believe my Ruckus Switch was set up as a Switch, but after a recent power outage, devices connecting to my Ruckus APs have become unstable.  When looking into the Ruckus Switch within the Ruckus app, its status is now PENDING, and also that it is now a "Router"?  It is also now prompting for a username and password when trying to access via the app, but I do not have a username and password.

How can I,

1. Revert the Ruckus Router back to a Switch format?

2. Access the Ruckus Switch/Router via username/pass?

3. Prevent the Switch from booting as a Router in future power outages?

I have seen similar topics but am not able to understand some of the steps to revert.  Would appreciate a step by step on how to resolve.

Thanks in advance for any help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @brocashmere 

please perform the Upgrade to the recommended code 08095g using the switching file named SPS08095gufi.bin, this will fix the current defect that exist after a power outage causing that the Switch boot from the secondary no default partition, but this time you will have both partitions in Switching code.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Reviewing other posts/instructions which have been very helpful, I successfully SSHed into the Router and see that I have the Switch Image on my Primary and Router Image on Secondary.

After following instructions to flash/reboot the system with the Primary/Switch image, after rebooting, it still seems to have booted to Secondary/Router.

I have also confirmed my Boot preference is Default (tries to use Primary first)

Unsure if my Primary image is corrupt or other issues?  Any suggestions of what else to try?  Thanks,

Hi @brocashmere 

please perform the Upgrade to the recommended code 08095g using the switching file named SPS08095gufi.bin, this will fix the current defect that exist after a power outage causing that the Switch boot from the secondary no default partition, but this time you will have both partitions in Switching code.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick responses Jayavidhya and Yarenis,

Question - if my current images are already 08090d.bin, do I need to complete the intermediate upgrade?  Or can I directly upgrade to SPS08095gufi.bin? 

Thanks,

Confirming also that the 08095 version needed is 08.0.95h (GA)?

Thanks,