cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch keep rebooting causing wifi disapper

saurabhk01
New Contributor

This issue has started from 07/17 and happening more frequently in evening/night. There is no issue on internet and it is working fine if connect from MODEM.

When the system is working it looks like this:

One access point shows four lights illuminated solid green (Power, CTL, 2.5G, 5G)

The other access point shows three lights illuminated (Power, 2.5G, 5G) with the CTL light not illuminated at all.

The switch has the STAT light illuminated green within the outline on the far left. And the SYST and Power lights are illuminated green in the array of 6 lights with no outline. The ports are blinking green randomly.

The system stays on like this for a random amount of time, sometimes 10 minutes, and sometimes 3 hours, but eventually it begins displaying different light patterns on the switch. At that point the system starts to look like this:

[Same status] One access point shows four lights illuminated solid green (Power, CTL, 2.5G, 5G)

[Same status] The other access point shows three lights illuminated (Power, 2.5G, 5G) with the CTL light not illuminated at all.

[New status] The switch has the SPD light illuminated green within the outline on the far left. The SYST light is flashing amber. The Power light is illuminated green. The ports are blinking green randomly.

This carries on until it all turns off. At that point the system looks like this:

[New status] One access point shows no lights

[New status] The other access point shows no lights

[New status] The SYST light is steady illuminated amber. The Power light is illuminated green. The ports are all off.

APAPAP 1 CTLAP 1 CTLSwitchSwitchThen it reboots back to the first statuses I listed above when the system is "working" and the WiFi functions for another random amount of time until the cycle starts again.

Please help on this as it is impacting work.

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @saurabhk01 

Thanks for your response.

Please share the image of the switch and the access points showing the LED status and the cable connections.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I have uploaded in my original post, please check.

Hi @saurabhk01 

To assist you further please upload the image of the switch and the access points showing the LED status and the cable connections to the switch ports.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Please find photo.

IMG_7647.jpeg

IMG_7648.jpeg

IMG_7649.jpeg

Hi @saurabhk01 

Please share the image / pic of the status of the switch in the unleashed app.

Also for further troubleshoot please share the output of the below commands by following the steps.

By IP address: To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

1. Now please perform the following commands and share the output:

enable

Show version

Show flash

Also please check whether the cable connected to the devices are in good condition.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community