cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R510AP-No Lights-Ruckus Unleashed

YMM
New Contributor

I have 3 Ruckus R510AP & can't get the lights to come on.  The Ruckus Switch is located in a closet with my AT&T gateway & others (Ring, SmartThings, Luton, etc).  The Ruckus Switch is powered "on".  

I have rebooted the Switch numerous times (unplugged), reset all APs, removed the blue wires from the Switch and put them back in the ports, but still no lights on the APs.  I have also rebooted the internet and everything else in the closet.

I was able to see the 3 APs listed in the AT&T Smart Home Manager (they showed "offline"), but they have disappeared.

I am technology challenged.  I reviewed some of the other posts, but just couldn't figure out how to fix my problem.  

I can't log in to the Ruckus Unleashed app because I can't connect to the Unleashed network (unable to reach Unleashed network).

Can technical support/engineer please assist me with getting my 3 APs back online? Greatly appreciated!

31 REPLIES 31

Ok.  I will do the steps that u just sent me this afternoon.  After completing the steps, I will let u know if it is working or not.  I'm working right now and unable to disconnect from the internet.  I'll send you a response this afternoon.

Thank u again.  Please don't close our chat yet.

Hello @YMM 

Thank you for your response and the update.

Rest assured, I will await your reply and respond promptly during my shift hours. If I happen to be delayed, I will continue to tomorrow.

My working hours are from 08:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello.  I performed the 1st step that you instructed me to do.  After removing the blue ethernet cable from "C1" to one of the 12 ports on the Ruckus Switch, the "system light" changed from "blinking green" to "solid orange".  The other end of the blue ethernet cable is plugged into the AT&T gateway in port #4.  Since the system light is now "solid orange" instead of "blinking green", I "didnt" proceed with the 2nd set of instructions that you sent.  All 3 APs still dont have lights after performing the above steps.  

Also, I noticed ports #1 & #2 have green lights on the AT&T gateway.  Port #4 where Ruckus Switch is plugged into AT&T gateway doesn't have a light on.  I'm attaching 4 pics for your review.

20240716_194211.jpg

20240716_194127.jpg

20240716_194046.jpg

20240716_193724.jpg

Hi @YMM 

Greetings.

Thank you for your response and update.

The amber light on SYST and green light on PWR indicate that the RUCKUS Switch is stuck in boot mode. To resolve this issue, please perform a hard reset using a paper clip, following the instructions outlined in the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article available here: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

If the initial reset attempt is unsuccessful, kindly attempt the reset multiple times (approximately 10-15 times). In many cases, repeated attempts have successfully resolved similar issues. Upon successful reset, the SYST and PWR lights on the Switch should turn green.

Please verify the progress and keep me informed.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello.  I have attempted to reset by unplugging the Switch, while holding down the reset button,  plug power cord back in, orange blinking lights.  See video.  The lights blink for a very long time, so I unplugged again and started over.  I get the same.  I will attempt again to reset.  Just wanted to let u know I'm working on it.

Thanks