cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R510AP-No Lights-Ruckus Unleashed

YMM
New Contributor

I have 3 Ruckus R510AP & can't get the lights to come on.  The Ruckus Switch is located in a closet with my AT&T gateway & others (Ring, SmartThings, Luton, etc).  The Ruckus Switch is powered "on".  

I have rebooted the Switch numerous times (unplugged), reset all APs, removed the blue wires from the Switch and put them back in the ports, but still no lights on the APs.  I have also rebooted the internet and everything else in the closet.

I was able to see the 3 APs listed in the AT&T Smart Home Manager (they showed "offline"), but they have disappeared.

I am technology challenged.  I reviewed some of the other posts, but just couldn't figure out how to fix my problem.  

I can't log in to the Ruckus Unleashed app because I can't connect to the Unleashed network (unable to reach Unleashed network).

Can technical support/engineer please assist me with getting my 3 APs back online? Greatly appreciated!

31 REPLIES 31

Imran_ruckus

Hello @YMM 

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

We appreciate your prompt response and the information provided regarding your RUCKUS setup. 

It appears there may be an issue with the Access Points not powering on, and we are eager to assist you in resolving this matter. 

To better understand the situation, could you please provide the following details?

1. Can you confirm whether the RUCKUS setup was previously operational, or is this a new installation? If it was working before, have you experienced any power outages recently that may have preceded this issue?

2. Regarding your ICX-7150-C12P Switch, when it is connected to the power outlet, do you observe any indicator lights illuminated (amber or green)? Please describe which lights are currently active. For further clarification, could you kindly share a photograph clearly showing the status of the lights and the full panel cable connections to the Switch ports, as illustrated in the screenshot example below?

Before uploading the photos, please log in to your RUCKUS account and proceed with the image upload process.

Your cooperation in providing these details will greatly assist us in diagnosing and resolving the issue promptly. 

Should you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

YMM
New Contributor

Hello.  

Yes, Ruckus Switch and APs were operational.  We had a Category 1 hurricane last week which knocked out the power.  

There are green lights on the Switch, one of which is blinking.  

I am attaching pics per your request.  I can only send one Pic at the time because of size.  I'll send each Pic separately.  There will be a total of 6 pics including the one attached to this response.

Thanks for your help.  Appreciated!!

20240716_132244.jpg

YMM
New Contributor

20240716_132034.jpg

20240716_132021.jpg

20240716_131855.jpg

20240716_131656.jpg

20240716_131726.jpg

Hi @YMM 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it is in a normal state.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable, plug it into the correct port, and reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and ISP Router once then  try to connect to the Internet via Access Points.

Please check the above process if that resolves the issue. 

If that doesn’t resolves the problem, we may need to check some Switch configurations to assist you further:

Please follow the steps outlined below to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) and provide the necessary command outputs:

1. First, identify the current IP address assigned to the switch ICX-7150-C12P by your local router. You can use an IP scanner tool to easily locate the switch's IP address on your network. Here is a guide on how to perform this using IP Scanner free applications: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

2. Once you have identified the IP address of the switch, proceed to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch. Here is a guide on how to access the CLI: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line the prompt should look like below:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

3. After successfully accessing the CLI, please execute the following commands and provide the outputs:

enable

show version

show flash

show inline power

show inline power detail

show interface brief

Please share the command outputs or screenshots if you encounter any issues or errors during these steps. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community