cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 switch does not boot

emulloy
New Contributor

Lennar home with recent power outage. We have had multiple issues with this device after power failures and I have since put it on batter backup, but the backup could not handle the recent all day Dominion Power outage.

Power light is green, status light is amber/orange. No switch access ports have activity or link lights. Ceiling access points do not have power over Ethernet - no lights.

Unplugged switch, waited 10 seconds, reseated power. No effect. Logged into ISP router and attempted to find IP of switch but the ethernet connection between the devices was shown as offline. Depressed the reset button and connected power. Status lights flashed amber for a period of time, but no other effect. Connected via serial port directly to switch and found boot was not successful:

Ruckus Networks Bootloader: 10.1.18T225 (Jul 13 2020 - 01:53:18 -0700)

Booted from partition 1
DRAM: Validate Shmoo parameters stored in flash ..... failed!

Could not obtain a prompt to troubleshoot further in the console. I need to RMA this device or get specific guidance on how to troubleshoot further.

FYI, it is disappointing that Ruckus has removed phone/email support for Lennar customers. In the past, Ruckus engineers were a great resource to get me through these issues. Lennar homeowners paid for these devices as part of our home purchase and should expect these same level of support as any other customer. These are complex devices and the average Lennar homeowner will not know the first thing about how to troubleshoot them. Removing support channels and linking a guide is not good customer service.

3 REPLIES 3

Yarenis

Hi @emulloy 

Thank you for the details provided, according to your description and the console login you provided your Switch is stuck in boot mode, for troubleshooting we have prepared a guide, let me add the guide.

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Password Recovery on a Ruckus ICX(Tutorial video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS28DWbHM4

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

emulloy
New Contributor

Hi Yarenis - I do not get a prompt when I serial into the switch. The serial connection is unresponsive.

That is what leads me to believe I need to RMA this device.

Hi @emulloy 

Based on your troubleshooting you have done, since the ICX 7150-12P console connection is not responding anymore, this unit must be RMA (return merchandise authorization) means replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired