cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P + R510 Extenders (x2): No Power after power outage

Jim82
New Contributor II

Good Morning,

My name is Eric. We recently had a power outage in our area after a thunderstorm. The next morning, there was no wifi in the house despite the router working. I followed the community guidelines to do a hard reset on my ruckus unleashed multiple times but with no success. Is there anything else we could do. Our Ruckus was connected to extension cord with power surge protection and which was also plugged to a GCFI plug.

Is there anything else I could do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jim82
New Contributor II

Hello,

I tried multiple time to hard reset my equipment. However it does not work.

Please let me know what to do

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Jim82 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering with the internet connectivity after a power outage.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:
1. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.

2. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.
3. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.

Please upload these photos to your RUCKUS account before proceeding. 

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. 

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this matter for you promptly.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Jim82
New Contributor II

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:
1. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.

No lights illuminated (green or amber). This is the same on the ruckus ICX and the two extenders. No power. We have frontier  for our internet. We currently have internet directly through frontier router. 

2. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.

As stated above, our provider is Frontier and we are getting at this time a stable internet

3. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.

we have 2 access points. No power and no lights on any of them

IMG_9469.jpgIMG_9470.jpgIMG_9471.jpg

Hello @Jim82 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for providing the information.

Based on the details you've shared, it appears that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not operational.

Could you please let me know if you tried to power it up using a different working power cord with different working power outlets? If no, please try it once.

If that doesn't work even with a working power cord, I recommend again attempting a physical factory reset multiple times, as outlined in our RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article accessible through this link and VIDEO: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

If the initial reset attempts do not resolve the issue, please try resetting your switch multiple times (approximately 10-15 times) using the method described in the article. In some cases, repeated attempts have successfully resolved similar issues. Upon successful reset, the SYST and PWR lights should turn GREEN.

Please proceed with these steps and let me know if the switch powers on successfully afterward.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Hi @Jim82 

Greetings!!!

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. Please let me know the if you followed the steps shared in my previous post and its result. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi