cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access point not working

AM
New Contributor

Hello - I’ve had issues with my internet for almost 2 weeks now. My upstairs access point is not working at all. Power light flashing. Have tried to reset that specific access point and the entire Rukus box in the basement multiple times. Can’t get any internet upstairs. The rest of the house (main floor and basement) have intermittent issues. I’m constantly having to disconnect and reconnect the devices on it. It was not working when we got back from vacation and I know there was a very bad storm while we were gone, so I’m guessing there might have been a power surge or something. I’ve already spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T and we don’t think the problem is on their end. Please help - thanks. 

16 REPLIES 16

Imran_ruckus

Hello @AM 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

I trust this message finds you well.

We appreciate the information provided regarding the intermittent Internet connectivity through your RUCKUS setup. 

To assist you further, could you please provide clarification on the following queries:

1. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do any lights display (amber or green)? Kindly specify which lights are illuminated. For accurate assistance, please share a picture showing the light status and the full cable connections to the switch ports, as depicted in the attached reference image.

2. Is your internet connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and operational? You can verify this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.

3. Could you inform us how many Access Points are currently linked to the switch? Additionally, please describe the light status observed on the Access Points. Feel free to refer to the attached image and share a photo illustrating the current status.

Kindly provide images of your ICX-7150-C12P switch, clearly showing the light status and cable connections to the switch ports, as well as the status of the Access Points. 

You can upload these images through your RUCKUS account for our review.

Please respond with the answers to all the above queries and let us know if there are any further questions on your end. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in resolving this matter promptly.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @AM 

Greetings! 

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @AM 

Greetings! 

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Hello, I’ve been troubleshooting by restarting the modem, switch, and access points individually. It seems like 2-3 ports are now bad. I’ve plugged two I to different ports which resolved at least 1 issue but now I’m out of ports for the last one I need to resolve. Do I need a new switch?