cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 7150 Switch SYST light yellow, stuck in boot mode

LenRuck2023
New Contributor

Hello,

After power outages, my Ruckus switch stays in boot mode, SYST light is yellow. I was able to connect from my laptop using a USB-C cable and ran the command BOOT_PRIMARY, which shows that it goes to the secondary to actually boot and then works. 

I am trying to run the software upgrade per your article: 

RUCKUS Forums - How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 s... - CommScope RUCKUS Community F...

However, using a USB-C connection, it does not show up as a Network device, so I do not know how to configure the IP address (Gateway, Server IP, etc) in order to push the image files to the switch. I am able to run off the secondary image so far, but that could become corrupt at some point like the primary and I won't be able to use my switch anymore. Can you provide the steps on how to perform the software update using the USB-C connection, NOT the ethernet connection. 

Thank you,

Manuel

15 REPLIES 15

Imran_ruckus

Hi @LenRuck2023 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in software upgrade your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

Could you please let me know what is the current light status on your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch? (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

LenRuck2023
New Contributor

My lights are all green and its working at this moment as I mentioned in my question. I can upload a picture but right now it is all green.

I performed a BOOT_PRIMARY command connected to the switch with a USB-C cable and it restored from the Secondary image, the primary is corrupt so the switch cannot startup after loss of power.

I need to update the firmware on the switch and I was following your directions ( i provided a link from your website in my original post on how to update the software on the switch). The directions do not walk through the network settings configuration and how to do it with a USB-C cable. 

Now, I need to know how to perform this step when connecting to the switch using a USB-C cable, not an ethernet connection. When I look at the network connections, all I see is my wifi router. 

The screen shot below shows what I cannot do with a USB-C cable connection, there is no 'Ethernet' network connection so I cannot configure the IP Addresses. I need to know how to do the same steps but using a USB-C cable. 

LenRuck2023_0-1691541269965.png

Thanks for your assistance. 

Picture of the switch:Image of Switch after running BOOT_PRIMARY command through Serial port connectionImage of Switch after running BOOT_PRIMARY command through Serial port connection

Hi @LenRuck2023 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please note, the Switch upgrade has some different processes. I will assist you with that later after checking some required configurations. Please help us with the below-mentioned process to assist you further.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the Router is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into the 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port.

We will check some configurations on the Switch to proceed with Upgrade, please follow the below steps to check the same.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

LenRuck2023
New Contributor

Hello,

I have run the commands you requested, please see output below. 

ICX7150-C12 Router>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
ICX7150-C12 Router#show version
Copyright (c) 2017 Ruckus Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved.
UNIT 1: compiled on Nov 20 2018 at 00:20:22 labeled as SPR08080d
(29819448 bytes) from Secondary SPR08080d.bin
SW: Version 08.0.80dT213
Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 786944, Version:10.1.14T225 (mnz10114 )
Compiled on Thu Nov 15 12:59:22 2018

HW: Stackable ICX7150-C12-POE
==========================================================================
UNIT 1: SL 1: ICX7150-C12-2X1G POE 12-port Management Module
Serial #:FEK3823Q32D
Software Package: ICX7150_BASE_L3_SOFT_PACKAGE
Current License: 2X1G
P-ASIC 0: type B160, rev 11 Chip BCM56160_B0
UNIT 1: SL 2: ICX7150-2X1GC 2-port 2G Module
UNIT 1: SL 3: ICX7150-2X10GF 2-port 20G Module
1000 MHz ARM processor ARMv7 88 MHz bus
8192 KB boot flash memory
2048 MB code flash memory
1024 MB DRAM
STACKID 1 system uptime is 1 day(s) 13 hour(s) 52 minute(s) 56 second(s)
The system started at 10:11:14 GMT+00 Sat Jan 01 2000

ICX7150-C12 Router#
ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash
Stack unit 1:
NAND Type: Micron NAND 2GiB (x 1)
Compressed Pri Code size = 25968884, Version:08.0.80dT211 (SPS08080d.bin)
Compressed Sec Code size = 29819448, Version:08.0.80dT213 (SPR08080d.bin)
Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 786944, Version:10.1.14T225
Code Flash Free Space = 1190256640
ICX7150-C12 Router#