cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Rucksus r510 Access Point Downstairs

cgleague
New Contributor

Hi, the Rucks r510 access point downstairs in my house is showing a Solid Red Light (the PWR Light). The one upstairs is working fine. We have attempted the physical reset process a few times and that does not render any different results. I've also pulled out the ethernet cable connected to the access point and plugged it into one of our laptops and confirmed that w/wifi access turned off on my laptop, that the ethernet cable is indeed delivering internet.

Is it likely that I may need another access point, or is the solid red light indicating that its stuck in reboot mode? Again, i've tried the physical reset several times and that has not worked, i've also tried to access the console within the Ruckus App, but the ruckus app will not allow me to login.

12 REPLIES 12

asif1125
New Contributor II

Actually one of them was not flashing...but he other two were, the ligjt on the AP was solid red

Hi @asif1125 

Thanks for your response,

Please try to connect the AP with 12V DC adapter and unplug the ethernet cable from the PoE port and try to perform the factory reset of the AP with the red light on it.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

asif1125
New Contributor II

Thanks for that.

Getting it off the ceiling was the hard part, then trying to wedge the power plug in between the shell and the power connector was a slight challenge, but it seems that a full factory reset was not necessary. Just a quick tap of the reset button seemed to fix it. The green light was solo-solid for a few minutes after I hooked it back up to the POE, but then the rest of the lights started turning on, at first yellow, then back to green...I think we're good. There was no need to reset the Wifi info that was necessary to get it back into the mesh.

Hi @asif1125 

Thanks for your response,

Good to hear that the issue was resolved. 

Please confirm whether the Access points are working fine or not.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

asif1125
New Contributor II

Yes, according the Unleashed app, all three of my AP's are now connected to the mesh: Only two were when it was showing the solid red light earlier.