cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnecting the Ruckus Router to a New Fios Router

Cookewithane
New Contributor

Hello!  Due to a power outage I had to replace my Verizon Fios router (model 6E CR1000A). In connecting the new router, I changed the name and password to match the old router so the Ruckus would easily reconnect.  In doing so i had some connectivity with my laptop, printer, and amazon echoes, but my phone and other smart-home connected devices and my TVs are not connecting.

I tried to unplug the main ruckus box that is stored in the 'internet closet', but some of the ruckus devices still show green and yellow status lighting.  Additionally, I tried to access the configure.me network, but i could not get it to become visible in the list of available networks.  Please advise as to what can be done to resolve the issue and get it to be fully functioning.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Yarenis

Hi @Cookewithane

Thanks for the details provided, however, changing the ISP router is not a problem due that the Unleashed system and your ISP router are two different setups, the only reason we need your ISP router is for the DHCP protocol(IP addressing), and of courts to bring us to the internet, so will be matter to just plug the ISP router to the connection it used to be, now in order to clarify your issue please answer to the next questions.

1:Are the Access Points powering up?, Please describe the status of the PWR light.

2:Can you see the SSID/Wi-Fi signal coming from the Access Point ?(this should change just because you change your ISP router)

3:Can you confirm if you connect a computer to the Wi-Fi coming from the Access Point or to the computer directly to the ICX7150 Switch (big white box in your cabinet) there is internet or not?

4:Please, ensure if you have connectivity issues while you're directly connected to your ISP router.

5:Confirm the status of the SYST LED light in your ICX7150 Switch.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

I really appreciate you responding. So I may properly respond can you advise:

For 1 - the access points I assume are the devices mounted to the ceiling. I’d so the answer is yes they are all powered up 

For 2 - how would I see the SSID/Wi-Fi is that just seeing it in available networks? If so, yes I see it in the lists 

For 3 - how would I differentiate between the access points (ceiling mounted devices) and the ICX-7150?  I’m connected wirelessly if that helps 

For 4 - ISP router is working, I connected to it to test 

For 5 - the lights are green 

I appreciate your help and will await your response 

Hi @Cookewithane 

By default, in the ICX 7150 in your cabinet, must have a sticker that will let you know what is your SSID/Wi-Fi, so you can check if that in is the SSID/Wi-Fi available, however an easy way will be the next.

1:Find the IP address of the Access Point master, so you can be connected to your Fios router, like you have more than one Access Point IP, you will see multiples IP address one of them will bring you to the Unleashed Dashboard, check the next guide to find the IP address.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2:Once you know the IP address copy and paste in your URL web browser, if asks for credentials try the next bundle.

Username:                      Passwords:

admin                             sp-admin

Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

3:Once you gained access, you can see from wireless tap your SSID/Wi-Fi and made changes or create a new.

Creating a New WLAN

Wi-Fi Networks>Create>Fill Name, Usage Type, Authentication Method,

Encryption Method>Ok

Making change in the current SSID.

Select the WLAN you want to configure from the Wi-Fi Networks component and click Edit>Made the changes.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community