cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Moved into a Lennar Home with Ruckus preinstalled and having issues after factory reset

R2-DeepSquat69
New Contributor

Hi, I moved in a few days ago to a house with a Ruckus switch and 2 WAPs (R510) preinstalled. I keep running into an issue after factory resetting 1 (the other one is disconnected of course). I can successfully complete the factory reset and configuration (doing the "typical install"), but when I try to reconnect on my iPhone, it keeps doing the infinite trying to connect wheel and when I look at my R510 the 2.4ghz channel is amber and the 5ghz blinking back and forth between green and amber. Is there any work around on this or am I doing anything wrong when it comes to reconfiguring it? Thank you to anyone who responds to this!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Squozen
Contributor III

Can you reach the admin page via Ethernet?

pinky_ruckus

Hello @R2-DeepSquat69 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you recently moved into a Lennar home and are facing issues after the factory reset.

Please note, that Amber lights on 2.4G and 5G is a normal behavior.

If 2.4G and 5G lights are amber, it states that the connectivity is up and there are no devices/clients connected. When any device/client connects to the 2.4 or 5G radio the lights turn green. Please refer to the below link for more information about the light status of the RUCKUS R510 Access Point.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.14-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

For guidance on setting up your system, please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article linked below. The article includes detailed instructions for the setup process.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article describing the setup process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/RUCKUS-Lennar-Home-devices-C...

Please let us know if you are able to connect after following this article.

Also, please perform a reset through web browser than doing through the application over the phone.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

R2-DeepSquat69
New Contributor

I figured it out, I totally brain farted and plugged in the router into the management port in the switch! I have it working now.

I do have a few questions now:

1. I have an ASUS router that has NordVPN configured onto it (its being delivered from my Overseas location), when I replace the spectrum router with the ASUS router will I able to still use that NordVPN configuration or will it not work with the Ruckus system? 

2.  Does the 2nd AP when plugged back into the switch automatically connect with the other AP and when I do any sort of configuration or creating SSID's for guests does it apply to both APs or only that singular 1? I hope that makes sense.

Hello @R2-DeepSquat69 ,

Thank you for the response.

We are glad to know that the Ruckus setup is working now after the configuration was done correctly.

To address the questions you have posted :

1.   As we are unsure about the VPN setup from your Router Vendor. Please connect any device to the RUCKUS AP Wi-Fi and test if you can connect to NordVPN. If this doesn’t work, you may need to connect to your Router's Wi-Fi network to make this VPN work.

2.   The second AP when plugged back into the Switch port, will automatically connect/synchronize with the Master AP (which you used to rest) and will capture all sorts of configurations and settings applied to the Master AP.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community