cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 does not power on

hootanhemmat
New Contributor

I have the ICX-7150 which is powered on and shows green lights. I have two R510s on two different floors that wont turn on. I took one off the ceiling and connected it to a 12VDC and a different POE and it turns on but when connected to the ethernet cable coming out of the ceiling, it does not work. 

17 REPLIES 17

I need assistance with an issue affecting two R510 access points (APs) in my home, located in the living room and upstairs. Both APs were previously powered solely via PoE through Ethernet cables. Recently, both have simultaneously stopped receiving power via PoE and now require direct electrical power from the wall to operate.

Summary of the Issue:

1. Previous Setup:
• Both R510 APs were functioning properly with power and data supplied via PoE Ethernet cables.
2. Current Problem:
• Both APs have stopped receiving power through PoE and now need to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
• The Ethernet cables are confirmed to be working for data transmission but no longer provide power.

Tests and Observations:

1. Verification of Ethernet Cables:
• All Ethernet cables have been tested and are functioning for data transmission.
• Despite this, the APs are not receiving power via these cables.
2. Configuration Check:
• Using macOS and Terminal, we confirmed that the PoE setting is enabled and set to auto.

Request for Assistance:

Could you please help diagnose and resolve this issue? We need to understand why the APs have stopped receiving power via PoE and now require direct electrical power.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello @hootanhemmat ,

Greetings!

I understand that you are still facing issues not connecting to the PoE of the AP.

To proceed further, we need to check few configurations on the Switch.

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily.

How to find the IP Address of the RUCKUS Devices (Switch and APs) using IP Scanner free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line”

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

enable

show version

show flash

show inline power

show inline power detail

show interface brief

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-21 at 15.02.32.jpeg

Hello @hootanhemmat ,

Thank you for the response and sharing the screenshot.

From the screenshots you shared, it looks like you are using command line interface of unleashed and not a Switch.

The commands should be executed in the Switch CLI.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to console in the ICX-7150-12CP 'Ruckus Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Please follow the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello @hootanhemmat  ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community