cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Bandwidth 29-40 mbps Adequate?

raymond_jender
New Contributor II

So, our living room TV is a Vizio 75".  Cable TV (Spectrum fibre) works fine.  The issue is WiFi apps.  For instance, while watching the CW app, movies tend to freeze every 5 mins or so.  I don't see a buffering animation circle.  The movie just freezes for around 30 secs before picking up where it left off.  My WiFi bandwidth test on the TV ranges from 29-40 mbps.   Is that adequate bandwidth? I would think it should be higher.  Or could it actually be the TV?    BTW, my fiber ethernet bandwidth is 400-550 mbps up and down.  Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

pinky_ruckus

Hi @raymond_jender ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are facing slow Wifi bandwidth issues

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

Could you please share a picture of the switch, showing the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports by referring to the below picture

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

switch.jpgI don't know how long this has been happening.  I was watching the CW app on my Vizio TV.  It would freeze it seems every 20 mins for about 20 secs.  Testing the WiFI bandwidth from the TV I'm getting about 29-38 mbps.

Hello @raymond_jender ,

Thank you for the response.

From the pictures shared, I understand that the light status on the switch and the connection is normal.

To assist you further, could you please confirm if there was any power outage or a power spike?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

No power outage lately.  We sometime get a quick outage.  Here is a speed test on WiFi from my cell phone.  With my ethernet bandwidth of 500mbps  I would think WiFi should be faster?

raymond_jender_0-1719750179430.png