cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me complete Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P to the stable software

thead
New Contributor II

Please help me. I have been trying all of these instructions and cannot get the system to upgrade. I have the issue where the power to the units goes out whenever the power goes out, and I cannot keep doing the inline power command. I do not want to throw this switch out as this seems wasteful, so I really need to get the software upgraded. 

8 REPLIES 8

pinky_ruckus

Hello @thead ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I understand that the power of the Switch goes out whenever there is a power outage.

We suggest upgrading your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to upgrade the switch to the recommended version

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please follow the process explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

thead
New Contributor II

My main issue at the moment is when I try to do upgrade via USB on a Mac, I get the error: /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART%20permission%20denied

thead
New Contributor II

and I also cannot figure out how to remotely access the switch. None of the generic username and password combos are working for me

Hello @thead ,

Thank you for the response.

I understand that you tried all of the default password combinations; however, it didn’t work.

I would request you to please login to CLI of the Switch using the Telnet option.

We do not need any login credentials to access CLI using the Telnet option.

FIGURE 3 Accessing CLI using the Telnet option

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Once you are able to access the CLI of the switch, you may follow the article posted in the previous post to upgrade the Switch.

Also, could you please confirm if you have access to a Windows laptop as the upgrade process would be easier in Windows laptop?

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community