cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to ethernet ports

jasegb
New Contributor II

Our battery backup died and finally got power restored. Once restored the modem rebooted, however the Ruckus switch is not working. I see one green and one orange light on, but ALL ethernet ports are not lighting up. The APs are not receiving power, and the switch is not transmitting to anything that is directly connected. Need help ASAP!! A call you be much quicker!!

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @jasegb 

Did you install the software to read the cable accordingly ? 

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

jasegb
New Contributor II

there wasn't any software to install the USB cable. I tried to "find drivers" but nothing comes up.

jasegb
New Contributor II

I have have found a work around and tried COM 3, COM 1, and COM 2 and I get this message every time

image.jpg

Hi @jasegb 

Please install the drivers and reboot the computer before try to reconnect the type USB type C cable, also remove any other external device connected to the computer such mouse or headset that may use the USB ports are connection source, finally perform a factory reset to the Switch.

1: install the Drivers and reboot the computer(remove any other external device connected):

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

2: perform a Factory reset in the switch:

1. Remove power from the switch.
  2. Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  3. After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.
When all the system LEDs blink green, all the configuration data are erased and the switch is returned to its factory configuration. When all the system LEDs are solid green, the erase process is complete and the system reloads. Once reloaded and the SYST LED is steady green, the factory reset is complete.

Ruckus ICX 7150/7650 -ERASE SYSTEM TO FACTORY DEFAULT WITH RESET BUTTON(Tutorial video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4&t=1s

3:Reconnect the cables back and try to gain access, just try the COM # that appear associated to the Switch, if you have any error please provide the error from the putty APP.

Hit: Right click from the bar in the top of putty and hit even logs, please provide those logs results.

Yarenis_0-1670356357836.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

jasegb
New Contributor II

The Youtube link that you provided is NOT for the common person. I have no idea what this guys is talking about regarding where he received code/IP addresses and servers.