cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to ethernet ports

jasegb
New Contributor II

Our battery backup died and finally got power restored. Once restored the modem rebooted, however the Ruckus switch is not working. I see one green and one orange light on, but ALL ethernet ports are not lighting up. The APs are not receiving power, and the switch is not transmitting to anything that is directly connected. Need help ASAP!! A call you be much quicker!!

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Yarenis

Hi @jasegb 

Thank you for the details provided, according to your description, it seems that your Switch (ICX7150 Switch) may be stuck in boot mode, so in order to fix it, you need to get access via console, using two connections one is for console access using the USB to type C cable (the USB will be connected on your computer and the type C on your ICX7150 Switch) now the second connection will be an Ethernet cable from your computer to the out-of-band port on your ICX 7150 Switch),don't worry the next guide explains the port locations and there are pictures about it. 

Note: Please read the guides carefully before start the troubleshooting.

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Ruckus ICX Recovery Load boot code from boot monitor Tutorial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHriOYYD_iI&t=7s

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

jasegb
New Contributor II

I do not have a USB to USB-c cable, also I have looked at the link to accomplish this and I am no where near able to follow this complicated technical instruction. There is A LOT of intricate steps. 

Hi @jasegb 

I understand that the steps may be somewhat new, however, we have tried to keep the guides as non-technical as possible, so that they are easy to follow; however, if you continue to have problems, I would recommend that you seek for external help or a technician.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

jasegb
New Contributor II

In my device manager I do not have Ports as a selectable tab. I only have “other devices” and it does not show a COM number