cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to APs on any ports after extended shutdown / POE Failure

HN2023
New Contributor III

Contacted Samsung smartthings, thinking it was a Smartthings issue. Ran diagnosis with system by resetting, power off / on, then direct cable to Smartthings instead of Ruckus and all appliances worked. Contacted Lutron, did the same thing to isolate the issue. It appears several of my neighbors who have the same product (Lennar home) all have had the same issue with their Ruckus and Ruckus replaced their product.

When products are routed through Ruckus, nothing is working - all appliances are offline. When plugged direct (without Ruckus) products work.

Any assistance in getting this resolved to get my Lennar Smart Home back to being a smart home would be appreciated.

ID: ICX7150-C12P-2X1G

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HN2023
New Contributor III

I will be testing these options tonight... I will advise my findings.

View solution in original post

HN2023
New Contributor III

All of your "solutions" still did not solve the issue - because they were not the right solutions for my issue.

However, what did solve the issue is a $100 purchase from Amazon (not a Ruckus product) that included tech support.  Ironically, it was Lennar that pointed me to this product when I TALKED to them.  I plugged it in, plugged in all the hubs and everything is back working (10 minutes).  The best part is I called the tech support line, and a person answered and walked me through the easy connection process.  All of the hubs in my Lennar home is working perfectly.  

It was a simple and cheap solution.  It is unfortunate about the frustration and wasted time Ruckus caused me, but lesson learned.  When there is a community forum and this many people complaining about the same issue, beware.

Now this post can be marked as the solution.  Simply put save yourself time and frustration buy another product, not Ruckus.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

HN2023
New Contributor III

I will be testing these options tonight... I will advise my findings.

Hi @HN2023

Sure, Please let us know once you have tried all the troubleshooting steps.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

HN2023
New Contributor III

Just FYI.... I did not mark this as a solution.  It was intended as a response not a solution to my issue.

The issue is still outstanding, and the box still does not work.  For someone who does not have a technical background this is a difficult forum for solutions and help.

Hi @HN2023 

Could please provide a picture/panoramic photo, showing the switch is connected to a power source/outlet and the lights

Note : Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Vsquez_Fer_0-1673652242729.png

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

HN2023
New Contributor III

All of your "solutions" still did not solve the issue - because they were not the right solutions for my issue.

However, what did solve the issue is a $100 purchase from Amazon (not a Ruckus product) that included tech support.  Ironically, it was Lennar that pointed me to this product when I TALKED to them.  I plugged it in, plugged in all the hubs and everything is back working (10 minutes).  The best part is I called the tech support line, and a person answered and walked me through the easy connection process.  All of the hubs in my Lennar home is working perfectly.  

It was a simple and cheap solution.  It is unfortunate about the frustration and wasted time Ruckus caused me, but lesson learned.  When there is a community forum and this many people complaining about the same issue, beware.

Now this post can be marked as the solution.  Simply put save yourself time and frustration buy another product, not Ruckus.